Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1967
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    One more question , im now aware the 125 mm range is more suited to the taller rider,

But What is the significant difference between that one and the 100mm , at what point does a rider become more suited to one or the other ? if you get my drift .

Im probably considered fairly average , 5 11 and ride a 19 inch bike .

Thanks

mtbr member
    Make two measurements of your current seatpost:

Climbing height
    Descending height

Subtract one from the other and decide.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    If you like to fully lower your seat for terranical downhill sections to keep from getting bucked off the bike, then you'll want the most adjustability /capacity to lower your seat.

Just check that the seat does not rise higher then your maximum riding height. With 5" of adjust, plus around 3 inches of minimum lowest position ability, you'll probably need at least 8 inches of post exposed from the bike frame to the seat rails to use a 125mm adjust system. Otherwise you'll want the 100mm.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm in the market for a dropper post, and I read in a few places that the Reverb was the way to go. I will be honest though...you guys are scaring me.

Are dropper posts in general just that unreliable?

Anyway, I have a rumblefish elite on order with SLX shifters and brakes. Would that setup allow for the Right hand button upside down on the left side?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    OK...... deepest apologies for being a bit slow , this is all new to me, just want to make sure Ive got this right, but the way I see it the 100mm may be the safer bet ,

My current seated position at normal riding height has around 210 mm of seat post exposed , If I lower that by 100 mm, Im pretty sure im low enough for the riding I do ,

If I look at the 125mm option , and then look at the lowest possible setting of putting the seat down ( depending what that is exactly ) , and add on the 125mm , I may be cutting it fine for my normal 210mm riding height .

Am I on the right track ?

Cheers and thanks for all your help so far !!!

banned
    Sep 2012
    Question for the Rockshox owners out there - How long is the outer tube on the 420 and 380 models? I'm considering getting one but I'm worried that it will be too long at the bottom and interfere with the rear shock on my 07 SJ.

-S

mtbr member
    Anyone got a fix for the post dropping about 10mm when fully extended when you put your weight on it? Checked air pressure, which is fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Have you tried doing a full bleed? That solved my issues.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good evening, I've been a member for many years and havn't needed to ask any questions as I've found them all before asking. So I'm calling on your knowledge people!

I brought my Reverb earlier this year brand new and havn't needed to bleed it since fitting. On recent rides I've pulled up on the seat to lift the bike and found that its not locked in position and pulls up. I can't remember this happening from new.

Could anyone advise me what to do, as i havn't found any fault finding information and reasons to bleed it other than guides.

Many thanks, Elliott.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott_MBR View Post
    Good evening, I've been a member for many years and havn't needed to ask any questions as I've found them all before asking. So I'm calling on your knowledge people!

I brought my Reverb earlier this year brand new and havn't needed to bleed it since fitting. On recent rides I've pulled up on the seat to lift the bike and found that its not locked in position and pulls up. I can't remember this happening from new.

Could anyone advise me what to do, as i havn't found any fault finding information and reasons to bleed it other than guides.

Many thanks, Elliott.

Some people will tell you to bleed the post, but the manual itself says that it is normal behavior. I've had it happen to my post, seemingly randomly, over the summer. I don't know why sometimes it pulls up and other times it will lift the bike while retracted. As long as everything else works fine, don't worry about it since the instructions say it is normal.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkosan View Post
    Have you tried doing a full bleed? That solved my issues.
    Tried a full bleed. Still does it.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    Some people will tell you to bleed the post, but the manual itself says that it is normal behavior. I've had it happen to my post, seemingly randomly, over the summer. I don't know why sometimes it pulls up and other times it will lift the bike while retracted. As long as everything else works fine, don't worry about it since the instructions say it is normal.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Thanks for your reply. Wish i could remember if it did it from new.

Anyone else's do this?

mtbr member
    Mine did this on a few occasions, in fact I noticed that it did this a few weeks prior to the loss-of-air-pressure failure I recently went through. Still not sure if the two were related, I don't think so really. But it hasn't done it since my rebuild.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    artscyclery has some 2012 reverbs for $199. They did have the one I need, but I don't have my bike yet, so I had to wait for trek to email me back with what length post I needed and by the time i got the email back the deal was gone

Looks like they still have the 31.6 100mm x420 in a right hand remote still

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Can anyone tell me what if any the differences are between a 2012 and a 2013 Reverb?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    artscyclery has some 2012 reverbs for $199. They did have the one I need, but I don't have my bike yet, so I had to wait for trek to email me back with what length post I needed and by the time i got the email back the deal was gone

Looks like they still have the 31.6 100mm x420 in a right hand remote still

Just bought my second one from these guys. $200 for the reverb's functionality is a no brainer. And two reverbs is a must have if you're into all mtn and freeride on one rig.

Merry christmas to me

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I ended up buying a 100mm drop for the $200. Not exactly what I wanted, but hard to pass up at that price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well, my 2011 Reverb lasted a full season before it puked its internals. My 2012 warranty replacement lasted just as long.

Any requests for photos as I tear it down and rebuild? I know further back in this thread I saw a decent write up on a rebuild. I know SRAM is too lazy to offer service doc's for this. Thanks SRAM!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    SRAM finally posted the IFP bleed procedure. Their instructions are perfect, and it is very hard to get it right any other way.

Reverb seatpost service - part 3 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Fantastic! Thanks for that!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Well, my 2011 Reverb lasted a full season before it puked its internals. My 2012 warranty replacement lasted just as long.

Any requests for photos as I tear it down and rebuild? I know further back in this thread I saw a decent write up on a rebuild. I know SRAM is too lazy to offer service doc's for this. Thanks SRAM!
    Photos are always appreciated, especially of the failed bits.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Does anyone know what's new in the 2013 reverb versus the 2012? Is it worth paying the extra for the 2013 version?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    hey everyone, i just recently tried to install a reverb stealth on my trek slash but have been unsuccessful. I was able to install the seat post, however, the bleeding has been a pain in the ass. Every time i attempt to pass fluid from the remote to the seat, i get leaks from the syringes! Anybody have any tips? I'm following the sram videos online. Worst case scenario ill take it to the lbs for install and bleed. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice before dropping more $ for what seems to be an easy install.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyzenki View Post
    hey everyone, i just recently tried to install a reverb stealth on my trek slash but have been unsuccessful. I was able to install the seat post, however, the bleeding has been a pain in the ass. Every time i attempt to pass fluid from the remote to the seat, i get leaks from the syringes! Anybody have any tips? I'm following the sram videos online. Worst case scenario ill take it to the lbs for install and bleed. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice before dropping more $ for what seems to be an easy install.
    Honestly, sounds like user error - what do you mean leaks?
    The vids are pretty straight forward.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    im pretty sure it is user error. the syringes leak from what i believe is the red plastic that connects the tube. It leaks when i try to pass fluid back and forth from one syringe to the other while providing pressure on one and a vacuum on the other.

Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast