Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1909
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have that happen to me on my 3rd ride with my Reverb. I pumped up the pressure then did a full bleed and it solved the issue. It's been 4 months now and it's still running smooth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Hello Reverb geniuses, I've got a 2012 model that is about six months old, as of recent I've noticed that when the post is fully extended and I'm seated it will slowly sink. I usually have to hit the lever to pop it back up about every :30 seconds at that point it has droped about an inch. I've checked the air pressure, it was at 200psi after connecting the hose, I pumped it back up to 250psi but the problem still persists. Any ideas?
    Bleeding I think
    Main bike : Altitude RSL 70 '11
    DH bike : Aurum 2 '12

Pirate!!!
    I'll have to give that a try, it came with a bleed kit, guess I'd better learn how to use it.

Trail Ninja
    Yea, that sounds like it needs a bleed. It's a lot easier than ya think.

mtbr member
    The Good: my Reverb worked great out of the box and help up great for over a year of fairly heavy use.

The Not So Bad, Considering: it finally died a month ago.

The Seemed Good: took it to my shop, SRAM told them to send it in, they'd replace it with a new one.

The Really Frustrating: that was over a month ago. SRAM keeps saying it will be in real soon, and they keep being wrong. Two weeks ago SRAM said it would be in last week. Now: "next week."

Am I the only one stuck in limbo waiting for my post?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Post year and a half old, last couple of weeks it developed the front to back play. Took it apart and the bushing in the top cap fell to pieces, the bushing material had just broken off the metal of the bush.
    So after stumping up 40 for a new top cap, because you can't change the bushing
    replaced it & some new seals from the service kit. Put it back together, pumped it up & would not hold air. Took it apart again & the main head seal had come unwound, (had been back a year ago for this problem) even though I had not touched it during the service.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    hmm have I got enough posts to put a pic?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    very interesting thread....thumbs up

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Prices?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a Reverb Stealth?? I need a 31.6mm version 100mm travel, 355mm length.

I searched everywhere I know on the internet that I know of with no luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ignore post...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a Reverb Stealth?? I need a 31.6mm version 100mm travel, 355mm length.

I searched everywhere I know on the internet that I know of with no luck.
    I searched all over for 1 of these as well a few months ago; unless you're lucky enough to find one 2nd hand, I believe you have to have a retailer order it for you. Look on one of those "all over the country CL sites" - you may be lucky enough to find it, but it's a long-shot - good luck!

Trail Ninja
    Didn't SRAM say they're not available for retail and mainly meant for OEM? Try to get in touch with the knowledgeable guy at a local Trek dealer, or Scott dealer, or a dealer who sells bikes from whoever else specs Reverb stealths as standard equipment on their bikes.

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a Reverb Stealth?? I need a 31.6mm version 100mm travel, 355mm length....
    Looks like there's only 125mm and 150mm, these guys have them in stock. Use "VIP15" coupon code for a 15% discount, free shipping too:
    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Reverb Stealth Seatpost 2013

mtbr member

New Reverb Frozen in Extended Postion

I've got a brand-new 2012 Reverb. Out of the box, it would not drop. Did several bleeds on the system. Removed the hose at the post to see if there was an obstruction (none). Hose flows free when removed from post and attached to post with post bleed screw removed. Refilled system and bled again removing all the air. Now remote button is hydro-locked indicating to me there is no air bubbles, but the post's lowering mechanism is not being activated by the hydraulic pressure. Air pressure checked at 250 psi. Aside from sending it back for warranty, does anyone have any experience with this issue and a possible solution? Thanks.
    My Wanted List:

1. '87 Shogun Prairie Breaker Team Issue (small)

mtbr member
    If you bought new, why not just return it/exchange it before messing with warranty?

mtbr member
    Because I've had this happen before and I'd like to understand the cause and/or solution. Has anyone corrected this on their Reverb?
    My Wanted List:

1. '87 Shogun Prairie Breaker Team Issue (small)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by filegiant View Post
    I've got a brand-new 2012 Reverb. Out of the box, it would not drop. Did several bleeds on the system. Removed the hose at the post to see if there was an obstruction (none). Hose flows free when removed from post and attached to post with post bleed screw removed. Refilled system and bled again removing all the air. Now remote button is hydro-locked indicating to me there is no air bubbles, but the post's lowering mechanism is not being activated by the hydraulic pressure. Air pressure checked at 250 psi. Aside from sending it back for warranty, does anyone have any experience with this issue and a possible solution? Thanks.
    I'm in a similar situation, although there is some operator error on my part. I just got a Reverb off of ebay and it did not come with a manual. Looked over the directions online pretty quick and went down to the garage for the install. After setting it up, it would not budge, as stated above. Being an idiot (and used to my Kronolog on another bike), I thought that some air must need to come out. Let a little out and now it is worthless. Put some more air back in and did didn't change it at all. Won't really go up or down on its own. I then read the online instructions and saw that I should NEVER mess with the factory air pressure. Somehow missed this when I looked the first time. So, am I F'd? Does it need to go back to Sram? Can this be remedied in the confines of my own garage? Help me MTBR, you are my only hope.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Bah - those instructions are totally wrong. Most reverbs leak a little air, and they do have to be topped off from time to time. With the post UP, inflate to the 250psi it has on the valve cover. Then go to your local bike store and RMA the thing - or return it to the eBay seller.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJameson View Post
    . I then read the online instructions and saw that I should NEVER mess with the factory air pressure. Somehow missed this when I looked the first time. So, am I F'd? Does it need to go back to Sram? Can this be remedied in the confines of my own garage? Help me MTBR, you are my only hope.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My new warranty replacement post took 4 weeks. However I was hooked on the dropper post concept AND I was disappointed in getting only 3 months out of my reverb. So I immediately ordered a Gravity Dropper (still going strong after 15 months) and got it a week later. My LBS graciously gave me a full store credit for the Reverb. I'm not looking back as much as I loved the smooth function of the Reverb.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Does anyone have rebuild instructions for this thing? Just want to take mine apart and lube everywhere. I wonder if it would be worth the effort to let the air out, core the valve, put in a few drops of 2wt into the air chamber, and charge it back up to 250? Seems w/ all these seals failing, there might not be enough grease where it counts. AND, with the way Fox and RS forks have been shipping w/ insufficient oil, I wouldn't mind going thru mine just to save me some down time...
    there is an exploded view in the sram website and youtube instructions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Since my Reverb was replaced on warranty (and I went to the gravity dropper). I now have the bag of parts/oil that came with new Reverb. For the cost of postage I'd be willing to send it to someone who wants it. I'm in British Columbia if you're considering the cost of shipping.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    what's the dimension?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by galicano View Post
    what's the dimension?
    About 4'' x 2''x 7". padded envelope.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Reverb rebuild instructions

I don't think this had been posted. Pinkbike recently posted links to the youtube videos put out by Rock Shox on how to refurbish the Reverb.

Too bad I can't post a URL due to my post count being too low... A google search for "pinkbike tech tuesday reverb" will give you the link.

It is good to see Rock Shox has posted how to work on them. Has anyone bought the official tools to work on the reverb?

David

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast