Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1967
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    My saddle creaks a bit, but mainly because it's an old saddle that my arse loves! Try a little bit of grease/lube on the clamp/rail interface, it seems to do the trick my my seat!

------------------
    Weird, this was in response to the post below... Seems my PC is having a bit of a time warp day!

mtbr member
    First ride with my reverb today I love it. So easy to move around with the post down. But I have a little problem seems to be making a noise from the seat clamp like a creaking sound has anyone found this aswell????

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes, lube the saddle rail and the creaking sound goes away.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Just installed my 2nd warranty. 2012 with the black collar, already seems better, zero play and the hose barb is more robust, we'll see.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Finally getting a Reverb. Gotta go LBS hopping to look for the 31.6 version though... but hopefully 1 out of the 8 or so shops around the area would have one. Haha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Just replacing mine for the third time, fourth if u count one rebuild.

Some new parts came with this one (2012) that I don't see identified in manual. Anyone?

RockShox Reverb Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336244531.664145.jpg
    RockShox Reverb Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336244568.563110.jpg
    If you're really honest about it, they're all "cheater lines".

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Just replacing mine for the third time, fourth if u count one rebuild.

Some new parts came with this one (2012) that I don't see identified in manual. Anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336244531.664145.jpg 
Views:	2302 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	694208
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336244568.563110.jpg 
Views:	2381 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	694209
    Silver one is the "get me the **** off the trail" hater saver.

So, if your post fails to extend and maintain, extend manually, put on silver bit around the exposed post and then you can sit&spin your way out at desired height, albeit with a lack of adjustability.

I've not had to use one yet, but carry it.

mtbr member
    So I decided on the reverb to buy. Quality Outdoor Gear, Equipment & Clothing - Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) here is canada is now selling them for the same price as most lbs.
    But with mec, they warranty everything they sell for life without question. Therefore, my reverb now has a lifetime warranty.
    The only downside is that they only carry 30.9, 420mm right side, but that is exactly what I was looking for.

Oh yeah, that black clamp is for if you are NOT using any avid/sram stuff via matchmaker. It's there to fill the space when clamping.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks!
    If you're really honest about it, they're all "cheater lines".

mtbr member
    So who is getting the new 150mm (6") drop Reverb?

The RockShox Reverb Gets Even Better With Stealth & 150mm options

I can definitely see myself upgrading over the 2012 125mm Reverb I have now.

mtbr member
    In case anyone is wondering...I originally created this thread and loved my Reverb at first. When it failed mid-ride I was extremely disappointed. Then when it took forever to get back to me via warranty, and had a broken hose barb when I got it, that was enough for me. I've been using the Specialized Command Post BlackLite since. I just can't worry about a post failing on me during a super long high altitude or desert ride. I'm sure as hell not going to carry a spare seatpost in my pack. The BlackLite at least locks into place, so even if the air seal/spring fails you can still lock it in the fully extended position for pedaling. I've lost the infinite adjustability and silky smooth feel, but I wouldn't go back to the Reverb. After a liberal application of carbon paste at the seatpost clamp to prevent saddle rotation on the vertical plane, my post has been problem free for almost a year (I think). The lever can sometimes be hard to operate, but I'll take it over worrying about failure on the trail. There's about 10 guys in my riding group using the BlackLite. Most of us have had it since it came out, and none of us are having any major issues with it (yet).
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Matchmaker

I know sram makes a matchmaker clamp for the reverb remote and elixer brakes but this only works with the elixir 7 and higher. I have elixer 5 brakes and SLX shifters and im running out of bar room. I need a clamp to put some of these parts together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Will fixed part of reverb fit into my frame?

My frame is on the large size so my seat post is not that far out of the frame anyway. Thus if I bought a Reverb, I expect that the fixed or lower part of the seat post would be mounted all the way down in my frame. I'm worried that the fixed part might be too long to insert all the way down. Currently, there is 9.25" (235 mm) from the top of the seat post clamp to the point inside the seat tube below which a seat post cannot go (it hits the mounting mechanism for the rear suspension there). Will a Reverb slide all the way down in my frame?

This may have something to do with the "lengths" of the seat post—355 mm, 420 mm, etc. What exactly are these lengths?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    OK, I think I've figured it out. 355 mm, etc., is the total length from the seat rail to the bottom of the fixed post when the movable post is in its fully extended position. Another important measurement, not given by RockShox but posted by others, is the distance between the seat rails to the bottom of the silver collar. This seems to be around 190–195 mm. Unfortunately, when my current seat is in its highest position, this distance is currently 175 mm. This implies that the seat will be too high if I bought a Reverb. The problem is the frame geometry of my Giant Anthem 29er, especially my large size frame coupled with my relatively short legs for my 6'-0" height. Because of this I run with most of the seat post in the seat tube, and so the bottom of the rails are pretty close to the seat post clamp. Maybe a new seat that's lower than my current one??!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    OK, maybe I don't have it figured out. On a spanish-language website (according to Google Translate), someone implied that the distance from the bottom of the collar for the 100-mm X 355 mm post was only 165 mm. I guess I just need to know the dimension in the attached photo for the 355 X 100 post, if anyone has it. It seems like RockShox should provide this measurement somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockShox Reverb Thread-reverb.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by amtravco View Post
    OK, maybe I don't have it figured out. On a spanish-language website (according to Google Translate), someone implied that the distance from the bottom of the collar for the 100-mm X 355 mm post was only 165 mm. I guess I just need to know the dimension in the attached photo for the 355 X 100 post, if anyone has it. It seems like RockShox should provide this measurement somewhere.
    Sounds about right. I have a 125mm post and the distance is ~7.5 inches (190mm). the 100mm post is 1 inch shorter and 165mm is 6.5". That seems to be correct. 165mm is the distance you were looking for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebull1 View Post
    Yes it's true..But after a while he need to put lube again and again... That is just temporary solution....
    Sadly, yes. Thanks for adding that in. More so if you like to ride in the rain or across streams.

mtbr member
    I just bought the Reverb post (125mm) from Performance Bike (they just opened a store in my area) figuring that if it turned into a lemon they would take care of it (lifetime satisfaction guarantee....). Installed it Friday - rode it yesterday: it was great! My brother has the Specialized Command Post BlackLite post and I was contemplating going with that due to the simple, mechanical design. But, i thought I might like the infinite adjustability of the Reverb - I definitely used it at different settings throughout the range (well, throughout the more extended half of the range - no need to slam the seat completely with the stuff I did on Sunday). The Reverb post worked beautifully - easy to push the lever and adjust the height no matter what the terrain was and without much thought at all. Sure as heck beat what I had to do several days ago on the same trail - get off, open clamp, lower post, hope I got the right height dialed for the particular descent, have fun, stop, get off, raise post, climb, hope I got the right height, repeat!
    Reverb-like posts sure as heck aren't NECESSARY but they sure do make riding that much more fun.

mtbr member
    Well after 2 hard rides this past weekend. I am loving this seatpost. Feels great and works perfectly. Thank goodness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    So who is getting the new 150mm (6") drop Reverb?

The RockShox Reverb Gets Even Better With Stealth & 150mm options

I can definitely see myself upgrading over the 2012 125mm Reverb I have now.
    And the excitement's over for the 150mm Reverb. It will only be available in the Stealth configuration.

The big news on the dropper front post in recent weeks has been the launch of the Fox DOSS and CrankBrothers Kronolog, but the hydraulic RockShox Reverb remains our current favourite and some new developments should help it remain top of the heap.

In addition to the current 4in (100mm) and 5in (125mm) drop models, RockShox are now offering a 6in (150mm) version, which should be perfect for taller riders who like to run their seats slammed to the top tube on downhills. It'll only be available with Stealth internal hose routing, though, so you'll need a compatible frame.

This feature will now be available across the Reverb range after previously being restricted to OEM posts supplied with Trek and Scott bikes. There's no word yet on availability or US pricing of the new Stealth posts; UK RRP is £329.99.
    News Round-up: RockShox Reverb Now Available With 6in Drop - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And the excitement's over for the 150mm Reverb. It will only be available in the Stealth configuration.

News Round-up: RockShox Reverb Now Available With 6in Drop - BikeRadar
    Just found out that my bike frame can take a stealth Reverb. But I just bought my Reverb so... meh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering...I originally created this thread and loved my Reverb at first. When it failed mid-ride I was extremely disappointed. Then when it took forever to get back to me via warranty, and had a broken hose barb when I got it, that was enough for me. I've been using the Specialized Command Post BlackLite since. I just can't worry about a post failing on me during a super long high altitude or desert ride. I'm sure as hell not going to carry a spare seatpost in my pack. The BlackLite at least locks into place, so even if the air seal/spring fails you can still lock it in the fully extended position for pedaling. I've lost the infinite adjustability and silky smooth feel, but I wouldn't go back to the Reverb. After a liberal application of carbon paste at the seatpost clamp to prevent saddle rotation on the vertical plane, my post has been problem free for almost a year (I think). The lever can sometimes be hard to operate, but I'll take it over worrying about failure on the trail. There's about 10 guys in my riding group using the BlackLite. Most of us have had it since it came out, and none of us are having any major issues with it (yet).
    Yes, yes, yes. I went from a Joplin to a new Blacklite. When Rockshox started including a CLAMP to keep your seatpost up in an emergency (see above)... well, that's insane. Crank Brothers should have provided one of those clamps too!

Hydraulic-locked dropper posts are just a bad idea. I imagine that only the air-sprung, mechanically locked posts will stand the test of time.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemtnbkr View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. I went from a Joplin to a new Blacklite. When Rockshox started including a CLAMP to keep your seatpost up in an emergency (see above)... well, that's insane. Crank Brothers should have provided one of those clamps too!

Hydraulic-locked dropper posts are just a bad idea. I imagine that only the air-sprung, mechanically locked posts will stand the test of time.
    Hard to say. Full hydraulic posts should be the most durable in theory (less moving parts) it's just the application is so new it hasn't been optimized.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member

Advice on Reverb remote with XT shifters / brakes?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on my 1st adjustable post for my Mojo HD and have decided on a Reverb. I have spent quite a bit of time researching, especially how I should mount the remote - so that I know whether to order R or L. I even consulted with my LBS where I bought the bike - they're usually knowledgeable with this stuff, but it didn't really help - so I still haven't exactly figured out what would be the best way for me to do this. I have XT shifters and brakes and I run a 2x10 so I have a front derailleur. I would really appreciate any insight on the best way to mount the remote with this setup.

In my very unscientific research (reading posts), it seems like most people mount it on the left and many get the right configuration and do it upside down so they can still flip the bike, but I also recall reading that some have had issues with this setup (but now I forget what they are). I'm sure I'll figure out a way to adapt to whatever I end up with, but figured I would get some thoughts before ordering.

One other thing - in my reading I saw that some people were able to get their hands on a Stealth and cleverly rig it on their Mojos, which was awesome! - but it seems like these things are hard to come by - if anybody knows of a way to get a hold of a Stealth - huge bonus points!

Thanks in advanced!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on my 1st adjustable post for my Mojo HD and have decided on a Reverb. I have spent quite a bit of time researching, especially how I should mount the remote - so that I know whether to order R or L. I even consulted with my LBS where I bought the bike - they're usually knowledgeable with this stuff, but it didn't really help - so I still haven't exactly figured out what would be the best way for me to do this. I have XT shifters and brakes and I run a 2x10 so I have a front derailleur. I would really appreciate any insight on the best way to mount the remote with this setup.

In my very unscientific research (reading posts), it seems like most people mount it on the left and many get the right configuration and do it upside down so they can still flip the bike, but I also recall reading that some have had issues with this setup (but now I forget what they are). I'm sure I'll figure out a way to adapt to whatever I end up with, but figured I would get some thoughts before ordering.

One other thing - in my reading I saw that some people were able to get their hands on a Stealth and cleverly rig it on their Mojos, which was awesome! - but it seems like these things are hard to come by - if anybody knows of a way to get a hold of a Stealth - huge bonus points!

Thanks in advanced!
    I bought my Reverb about 8 months ago to install on my Trance X2 and it is without a doubt the best "bike accessory" that I have purchased to date. It is kinda like growing an extra set of nuts when it comes to going fast downhill!

Mine has the standard right hand control, mounted upside down on the left...I prefer it this way and had no problems getting used to it. I have had absolutley no problems of any type to date and I weigh 215 lbs. I am not easy on it in any way...

Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast