Insert witty comment here

Riding shorts. What do you prefer?

Hey guys.

I am interested to know what shorts you all wear when riding.

I have been using a pair of knicks under some board shorts but they are too long and catch on everything. I have tried a few shorts with liners and chamois but they just don't seem to stay in place over a longer ride 3 - 4 hrs and I end up walking like a cowboy.

Does anyone know of a light over short with no liner that is a suitable to wear over my knicks?

Cheers

Syconate

local trails rider
    I may be an odd one here but here's my preference at the moment:

- I usually prefer long pants for trails because of the vegetation I ride through: coniferous trees, dry branches, nettles, raspberry bushes, all sorts of bushes. I just do not like my legs all bloody and stinging, every time I go out.

- I do not use padding/chamois (my normal rides are about 2 hours, sometimes 4 hours of pretty broken terrain, meaning I stand a lot on my HT bike). I use whatever pants (or shorts if the trail is a less bloody one) that fit: no huge seams in the critical area, the material and cut let me move, there is not a huge amount of material flapping around and catching on the seat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    My favorite shorts are made by Hossmtb.com. I like the Ponderosa fabric, the short is light with a comfortable chamois that isn't too thick. Oh yeah, they're cheap too.

mtbr member
    I use Fox Frequencies for my FR and urban type of riding, and Fox Mid-rangers for XC type rides.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Bellwether Escape.

they have a chamois, but it is comfortable.

mtbr member
    All of my shorts are from Oakley. They get kind of warm on REALLY hot days, but any other time, they're great. There's a built-in chamois, zippered vents in the front, and they're baggy, but not too long that they get caught on anything.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Cut off army camo's w/everyday drawers for 2hr or less rides. Same camo's w/cycling shorts w/a chamois for those 4hr an' longer epic jaunts through Gods country. The army camo's have a dlb layered gussette in the crotch. When that starts wearing out I start using heavy duty iron-on patches & have them sewn on after ironing & before washing. Get th' real army pants, (rip-stop), knock-offs or light weight camo's will begin to wear out after a ride or two.
    Last edited by man w/ one hand; 06-20-2006 at 10:30 AM.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"