Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644

    Ride Video - Devinci Troy

    Video I made today. On my new Devinci Troy. Behind the scenes info - I misjudged how much water I needed to bring and ended up getting a major dehydration/heat headache and almost passing out. First day in the 90's here in Pennsylvania (95 degrees with high humidity, in fact). Not really looking forward to the summer weather...

    Anyway, enjoy the video! Be patient, it gets good after halfway. I just wanted to show the climb that makes the downhill possible.



    The bike:
    Ride Video - Devinci Troy-photo-2.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    159
    nice video, lots of work.

  3. #3
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    nice video, lots of work.
    Thanks man. Yes, quite a bit of work goes into self-filming videos!

  4. #4
    gravity fighter
    Reputation: Mikecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    531
    Very nice. I think you captured the "trail" vibe perfectly. A bit of climbing, smooth decending and a little air thrown in.

    I could do without the artsy out of key guitar work at the end, but that's my issue :-)

  5. #5
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    Very nice. I think you captured the "trail" vibe perfectly. A bit of climbing, smooth decending and a little air thrown in.

    I could do without the artsy out of key guitar work at the end, but that's my issue :-)
    Haha, I used my band's music in this video. I play guitar in the band, but the artsy leads you speak of (I'm guessing you're referring to the distorted solos) are the other guitar player. It's not for everyone, but no worries. Thanks for the (non musical) compliments though!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    823
    Nice

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346
    I actually thought the unique tune was pretty bad ass. Good for you dude! Glad to see you are loving the troy man, I am as well. Its been a blast of a bike thus far.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

  8. #8
    gravity fighter
    Reputation: Mikecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    531
    It's a nice tune and better than a lot of crappy aggro music that gets used on mtn bike vids. I'm just an old, grumpy and opinionated guitar player :-)

    Back to the important stuff:

    I notice you've got a fair amount of post showing on your Troy as well. Did you go for a smaller frame fit and what size stem are you running?

    I keep bouncing back and forth from 60-70mm on my Large (I'm 6'1") and haven't found my happy place yet. Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 65mm.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,265
    Cool vid and the custom tune is a nice, welcome touch. (too much garbage music in vids in general)

    And thank you and hallelujah for not throwing up 5 mins of POV boredom!

  10. #10
    I eat cats
    Reputation: Gordon Shumway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,688
    Nice work on this! No sh*t you'd need more water than usual with all the back and forth to setup the camera then retrieve it, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

  11. #11
    likes bicycles
    Reputation: vitale232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    583
    Where in PA is this? Reminds me a bit of my home turf - South Park

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    It's a nice tune and better than a lot of crappy aggro music that gets used on mtn bike vids. I'm just an old, grumpy and opinionated guitar player :-)

    Back to the important stuff:

    I notice you've got a fair amount of post showing on your Troy as well. Did you go for a smaller frame fit and what size stem are you running?

    I keep bouncing back and forth from 60-70mm on my Large (I'm 6'1") and haven't found my happy place yet. Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 65mm.
    Hey man, who is your question pointed at??
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

  13. #13
    gravity fighter
    Reputation: Mikecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    531
    Pointed at the OP regarding his side view pic in the first post. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I should probably move my questions to the 27.5 board posting since that's where all our "Troy talk" is happening.

  14. #14
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    It's a nice tune and better than a lot of crappy aggro music that gets used on mtn bike vids. I'm just an old, grumpy and opinionated guitar player :-)

    Back to the important stuff:

    I notice you've got a fair amount of post showing on your Troy as well. Did you go for a smaller frame fit and what size stem are you running?

    I keep bouncing back and forth from 60-70mm on my Large (I'm 6'1") and haven't found my happy place yet. Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 65mm.
    I'm 5'9 and this is the medium frame. I have quite long legs for my height, so my bikes always end up looking sort of like this. My stem is a 65mm. One thing that has been bugging me a bit is the length of the TT on the frame. It's a very short bike for a medium (under 22" in the top tube), which puts me in a nice aggressive position for climbing and all but it is a bit undesirable when it comes really steep technical stuff because there's so much weight over the front end.

  15. #15
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by vitale232 View Post
    Where in PA is this? Reminds me a bit of my home turf - South Park
    This is South Eastern PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy
    Nice work on this! No sh*t you'd need more water than usual with all the back and forth to setup the camera then retrieve it, repeat.
    Exactly. Got way too caught up in filming... It's a lot of work!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346
    Don't forget that the alu bikes came with set back posts as well OP and you've got a non set back dropper on there now if I am correct. That's 25mm lost in the cockpit. Some of the other guys in the long thread were looking for set back dropper posts to keep things consistent.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

  17. #17
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Don't forget that the alu bikes came with set back posts as well OP and you've got a non set back dropper on there now if I am correct. That's 25mm lost in the cockpit. Some of the other guys in the long thread were looking for set back dropper posts to keep things consistent.
    That would give me a bit more room while seated, but the reach when standing is the thing that feels especially short, which a seat post won't help :\

  18. #18
    ILIKEBIKES
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by slothoncanvas View Post
    Haha, I used my band's music in this video. I play guitar in the band, but the artsy leads you speak of (I'm guessing you're referring to the distorted solos) are the other guitar player. It's not for everyone, but no worries. Thanks for the (non musical) compliments though!
    Sounds similar in style to my friends band here in San Diego- Misc. Ailments. Check 'em out online...

    Nice video work and riding.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 802spokestoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    199
    Nice vid. I gotta get back to the stompin' grounds to ride bikes. Originally from York county before moving to Vt. I just read the angry singlespeeders story of the epic up there in State College--Pennsyltucky is callin'...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,010
    Enjoyable video. Thanks for taking the time to shoot and edit it. Just got a GoPro Hero3 for my birthday and while the POV stuff is semi-interesting for me to watch, it's not very interesting for the most part in video edits.

    Tell us about your set up. Tri-pod? Gorilla Pod? What camera? Editing software?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,564
    Nice. Video. I've never seen such smooth trails in PA.

  22. #22
    _
    Reputation: slothoncanvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Enjoyable video. Thanks for taking the time to shoot and edit it. Just got a GoPro Hero3 for my birthday and while the POV stuff is semi-interesting for me to watch, it's not very interesting for the most part in video edits.

    Tell us about your set up. Tri-pod? Gorilla Pod? What camera? Editing software?
    Super minimal setup... Just an iPhone and a tripod. Then I used iMovie to edit. I find iMovie to be an annoying program to work with, but it does a good amount of things for a "free" program. I agree with you on the GoPro POV's being a bit boring. They can be cool though if you have a buddy following you closely or something like that to throw into an edit.

Similar Threads

  1. Giant Trance 275 or Devinci Troy 275?
    By roccoeight in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 08:05 PM
  2. SC Bronson vs Devinci Troy vs Pivot Mach 6
    By ccie6460 in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 06:59 PM
  3. devinci troy?
    By RosedaleReaper in forum Canadian Bikes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 06:08 AM
  4. RM Altitude 730 vs Troy Devinci XP
    By axcooper in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
  5. New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics
    By GFreak in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •