_

Ride Video - Devinci Troy

Video I made today. On my new Devinci Troy. Behind the scenes info - I misjudged how much water I needed to bring and ended up getting a major dehydration/heat headache and almost passing out. First day in the 90's here in Pennsylvania (95 degrees with high humidity, in fact). Not really looking forward to the summer weather...

Anyway, enjoy the video! Be patient, it gets good after halfway. I just wanted to show the climb that makes the downhill possible.

The bike:
    Ride Video - Devinci Troy-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2011
    nice video, lots of work.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    nice video, lots of work.
    Thanks man. Yes, quite a bit of work goes into self-filming videos!

gravity fighter
    Very nice. I think you captured the "trail" vibe perfectly. A bit of climbing, smooth decending and a little air thrown in.

I could do without the artsy out of key guitar work at the end, but that's my issue :-)

_
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    Very nice. I think you captured the "trail" vibe perfectly. A bit of climbing, smooth decending and a little air thrown in.

I could do without the artsy out of key guitar work at the end, but that's my issue :-)
    Haha, I used my band's music in this video. I play guitar in the band, but the artsy leads you speak of (I'm guessing you're referring to the distorted solos) are the other guitar player. It's not for everyone, but no worries. Thanks for the (non musical) compliments though!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I actually thought the unique tune was pretty bad ass. Good for you dude! Glad to see you are loving the troy man, I am as well. Its been a blast of a bike thus far.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

gravity fighter
    It's a nice tune and better than a lot of crappy aggro music that gets used on mtn bike vids. I'm just an old, grumpy and opinionated guitar player :-)

Back to the important stuff:

I notice you've got a fair amount of post showing on your Troy as well. Did you go for a smaller frame fit and what size stem are you running?

I keep bouncing back and forth from 60-70mm on my Large (I'm 6'1") and haven't found my happy place yet. Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 65mm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Cool vid and the custom tune is a nice, welcome touch. (too much garbage music in vids in general)

And thank you and hallelujah for not throwing up 5 mins of POV boredom!

I eat cats
    Nice work on this! No sh*t you'd need more water than usual with all the back and forth to setup the camera then retrieve it, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

likes bicycles
    Where in PA is this? Reminds me a bit of my home turf - South Park

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It's a nice tune and better than a lot of crappy aggro music that gets used on mtn bike vids. I'm just an old, grumpy and opinionated guitar player :-)

I notice you've got a fair amount of post showing on your Troy as well. Did you go for a smaller frame fit and what size stem are you running?

I keep bouncing back and forth from 60-70mm on my Large (I'm 6'1") and haven't found my happy place yet. Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 65mm.
    Hey man, who is your question pointed at??

gravity fighter
    Pointed at the OP regarding his side view pic in the first post. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I should probably move my questions to the 27.5 board posting since that's where all our "Troy talk" is happening.

_

I'm 5'9 and this is the medium frame. I have quite long legs for my height, so my bikes always end up looking sort of like this. My stem is a 65mm. One thing that has been bugging me a bit is the length of the TT on the frame. It's a very short bike for a medium (under 22" in the top tube), which puts me in a nice aggressive position for climbing and all but it is a bit undesirable when it comes really steep technical stuff because there's so much weight over the front end.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by vitale232 View Post
    Where in PA is this? Reminds me a bit of my home turf - South Park
    This is South Eastern PA.

Quote Originally Posted by bad andy
    Nice work on this! No sh*t you'd need more water than usual with all the back and forth to setup the camera then retrieve it, repeat.
    Exactly. Got way too caught up in filming... It's a lot of work!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Don't forget that the alu bikes came with set back posts as well OP and you've got a non set back dropper on there now if I am correct. That's 25mm lost in the cockpit. Some of the other guys in the long thread were looking for set back dropper posts to keep things consistent.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Don't forget that the alu bikes came with set back posts as well OP and you've got a non set back dropper on there now if I am correct. That's 25mm lost in the cockpit. Some of the other guys in the long thread were looking for set back dropper posts to keep things consistent.
    That would give me a bit more room while seated, but the reach when standing is the thing that feels especially short, which a seat post won't help :\

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slothoncanvas View Post
    Haha, I used my band's music in this video. I play guitar in the band, but the artsy leads you speak of (I'm guessing you're referring to the distorted solos) are the other guitar player. It's not for everyone, but no worries. Thanks for the (non musical) compliments though!
    Sounds similar in style to my friends band here in San Diego- Misc. Ailments. Check 'em out online...

Nice video work and riding.

mtbr member
    Nice vid. I gotta get back to the stompin' grounds to ride bikes. Originally from York county before moving to Vt. I just read the angry singlespeeders story of the epic up there in State College--Pennsyltucky is callin'...

mtbr member
    Enjoyable video. Thanks for taking the time to shoot and edit it. Just got a GoPro Hero3 for my birthday and while the POV stuff is semi-interesting for me to watch, it's not very interesting for the most part in video edits.

Tell us about your set up. Tri-pod? Gorilla Pod? What camera? Editing software?

mtbr member
    Nice. Video. I've never seen such smooth trails in PA.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Enjoyable video. Thanks for taking the time to shoot and edit it. Just got a GoPro Hero3 for my birthday and while the POV stuff is semi-interesting for me to watch, it's not very interesting for the most part in video edits.

Tell us about your set up. Tri-pod? Gorilla Pod? What camera? Editing software?
    Super minimal setup... Just an iPhone and a tripod. Then I used iMovie to edit. I find iMovie to be an annoying program to work with, but it does a good amount of things for a "free" program. I agree with you on the GoPro POV's being a bit boring. They can be cool though if you have a buddy following you closely or something like that to throw into an edit.