T.W.O

Ride Report: A look at the 2011 Sortie 2

Went out to test the new sortie 2, man this bike is amazing! We took it off a few mild jumps and log piles and it didn't bottom out. This bike eats roots like it is it's job. Coming from riding 2 hardtails I can say there is little to no suspension bob coming from the Knucklebox design. As for the Easton flatboys I threw on there, those things are pretty slick for the $100 (I didn't pay that much but they are worth it). They come in a little heavier than my plastic pedals and I am not one for weight, but they grip awesome even with just my Merrill shoes I had on.

More to come.

------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

Blue Pig
    Gj, Plastic Pedal Fox! PPFox, is your new name!!
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

It's all about the FSR!
    I am digging that picture. Glad you like that DB. It looks really sweet, and you were tearing it up pretty well out there.

mtbr member
    i went from an 09 sortie 3 to a 2011 santa cruz blur- there is a lot about the blur i really like- however i really miss my old sortie- it just always worked and worked well- i let it go off 5 ft drops and never had any problems- seemed to just eat the rock gardens- one of teh best all around bikes i have ever owned-
    i wish the frame would be a tad bit lighter, i came in at 7.07 lbs for a large sortie frame compared to 6.6 for my sc- but really fo the price its the best bike i have ever been on- and then some

T.W.O
    Yeah it's pretty rooty in Michigan for most of the trails and I didn't feel any of them. Didn't lose all my energy pumping up hills or anything either.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)