Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Reverb Sag - drops 1/2"

33K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  rael 
#1 ·
About half of the time I sit on my Reverb, the post drops about 1/2". If it were 100% of the time I would simply lower the clamp height.

Has anyone come across this issue and has anyone figured out a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Had the same problem with mine. I discovered the o ring on the valve which is activated by the remote, was damaged. This valve sits under the seat, on top of the seat post. I would suggest sending it to Rock shox for rebuilding. Rebuilding the reverb requires a few special tools and fairly high mechanical aptitude to re assemble. Rob.

#4 ·
Its most likely going to have to be sent in for a rebuild or replaced. The IFP may have just lost some pressure and need to be topped back off. You can try bleeding the lever but I'd guess that there is a deeper rooted seal issue that is causing the problem.

My 2012 model post started doing the same thing last November after about 600 miles of use. In my case the IFP would not hold pressue, though others in the Reverb thread have mentioned having similar issues with the post still holding 250psi. My LBS rebuilt it with the seals they had on hand, I suspect they didn't completely tear it down though and I was having the same problem on the first ride after the rebuild, within about 5 miles of leaving the trailhead, and it failed completely (went all the way down and would not support any weight) before I made it back to the trailhead.

Rockshox replaced the post outright with a new 2013 model which I received last week. I haven't gotten out to ride with the new post yet but it is a bit louder when extending and extends much faster than the old post did. I'm not sure what if any changes were made, other that the speed adjust knob being black, but so far so good...

#17 ·
It was the O-ring for me as well
So did you get a new post or just replaced the O-ring in your old one?

Either way, gotta love SRAM's customer service. Not. :skep:

Dropped of my 2012 Reverb at LBS to have sent for warranty last week and got a call back today. SRAM doesn't want to see my post at all. They can magically diagnose the problem it seems without evening touching it. My problem was that it sags in travel a few centimeters, started happening at the end of last season. Even after a full rebleed. I started riding in May, weekends only, and problem started in September. That's 5 months of riding, hardly a full season of hard riding for it to go broke so quickly.

SRAM ran my serial number, no Reverbs from that production batch came back for warranty and said they aren't taking mine back either. WTF. They said like any other suspension product it requires maintenance, 50 hrs/6 months for basic rebuild (kit costs under $10) or 100 hrs/1 year for a full rebuild (kit costs under $50).

All they offered was to send the basic rebuild kit to my LBS and that's it. LBS wants $50 to perform the service. I think I'll try my chances doing it myself first after watching a few vids, can't be rocket science.

OR simply return the post to REI (original place of purchase), save myself about $100 (as I paid close to $350 for it), and buy a new Reverb for ± $250 and ride another year.

#11 ·
About half of the time I sit on my Reverb, the post drops about 1/2". If it were 100% of the time I would simply lower the clamp height.

Has anyone come across this issue and has anyone figured out a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Bleed it. If the problem persists, that's when you bring it to the shop.

Had the same problem and bleeding it fixed things.

#20 ·
The full system bleed is what will fix a borked reverb. The video is very good, but it is not a completely straight forward "follow the instructions and it will be right" procedure. I have done it three times and have had to repeat more than once on all three attempts.

The result was fine in the end, but tiny differences in how much oil you remove from the cavity on the top of the post will make or break the rebuild (too much left in there and you can't put the poppit and c clip back in, too little and it will have movement under pressure).

It's in my "not fun" category, where I would consider rebuilding Rock Shox forks extremely easy and certain to be right if you follow instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.