Thread: Reverb Broken?

ಠ_ಠ

Reverb Broken?

took a couple of months off riding, when I got back on the bike, noticed that my Reverb, which was previously perfect was *really* slow. It worked, but just not that well. I went ahead and suctioned off the the air bubbles in the trigger mechanism, but instead of making it faster (like last time), it made it not work at all. I went ahead and bled the whole system, but now the trigger seems to have no resistance, like the piston is not actually pushing on anything. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr View Post
    took a couple of months off riding, when I got back on the bike, noticed that my Reverb, which was previously perfect was *really* slow. It worked, but just not that well. I went ahead and suctioned off the the air bubbles in the trigger mechanism, but instead of making it faster (like last time), it made it not work at all. I went ahead and bled the whole system, but now the trigger seems to have no resistance, like the piston is not actually pushing on anything. Any ideas?
    Did you forget to put it to the slowest setting before doing the bleed?

Do it on both ends, at the same time...pull a vac and then pump some fluids back and forth. When I bled my 2nd one (I have one on each of my two bikes) that I picked up from a Craigslist ad, I had to pull a vac from both ends. After that, 100%. But before that when I did it from the remote end alone...no dice.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

usually cranky
    in addition to what pau11y said you have to do a remote bleed after a full system bleed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    in addition to what pau11y said you have to do a remote bleed after a full system bleed.
    You are so correct.....and also it does not hurt to make sure it has 250 psi in the air side also, I run nitrogen in them but you do not have to

ಠ_ಠ
    i'll call sram and report back