Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Replacement fork for Reign X

806 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  K2Lambo666 
#1 ·
Hey all, I've got a 2010 Reign X2 that came with a OEM Marz 55R coil that I'm not overly impressed with. Looking to swap it out for something a little nicer that has the extra adjustments, nicer internals etc. This is becoming more of a trail bike for me as I'm building a downhill rig. I'm leaning more towards an air sprung fork as I would like to shave a little weight off the bike as well. So far I've got a decent lead on a few take off's at my LBS. One is a Lyrik RC2DH Air and the other is a Talas 36 160R. They are asking $500 and $800 respectively OTD. Another shop at stop at from time to time has apparently got some smoking deals direct from Marz on 2010 leftover forks, I was thinking maybe a 55 RC3 depending on how good the deal is. Any input would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Lyrik and Talas are both good deals. The other day my buddy was telling me most valves for a standard fork are around 5-10, while fox has like 30-40? Fox's are really nice and I've never had a bad thing to say about them. They are pricey but almost never seem to break down and are almost infinitely adjustable, especially when you push them.

#3 ·
If you can snag up a fox36 with the rc2 or new FIT damper you get low and high speed compression adjustability. I've seen some good deals on the van36 through pinkbike but it is not air.

#5 ·
Pulled the trigger and got the Talas 36 Fit RLC, ended talking them down to $600 out the door, full Fox warranty. Got the forks swapped at home and I'm gonna take my bike there first thing tomorrow and get the steer tube cut, star nut installed. Major stokage

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.