mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Remedy, Slash, Mojo or Range?

I am downsizing from a Trek Superfly 100 and my Session 88 and want to have just one bike in the garage.

So which one? I want a 1x11, a travel adjustable fork and preferably a carbon frame. I know this puts the slash out of the question however I think it should stay in my selection due to its downhill performance. I think I want 650b wheels.

I am really unsure as to whether the smaller travel on the remedy and Mojo will suffice but I have not ridden either.

We have a bike park where I live but also a lot of climbing. I think the range is probably the best of the bunch here except I cannot find a dealer close by. My LBS sells both trek and Ibis as well as Giant, but nothing in the giant range really excites me too much.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi,
    I have tried all of bikes listed above, and the Remedy and Range suits me best. I have been riding 26" remedy and 27,5" remedy on North Shore and Whistler for month this year, and I was totaly satisfied. Range felt to me pretty much the same. Maybe it is little bit slower uphill.
    The Mojo seems to me too cross country orientid (maybe you tought Mojo HD, which is beautiful bike, but I didnt feel that confident on it).
    Slash is obviously the most FR oriented bike from your picks. I love the bike, and It will be definitly best bike for bikepark and bigger jumps, but I think it is not the best all around bike, and you would be fine with shorter travel.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you're flexible on the carbon frame option, do some research on the Liteville 301.
    Adjustible travel 140-160mm, the option to run any wheel diameter you choose. It's aluminum, but pretty light for what it offers.

If you're the patient type, it would be worth looking into the Canfield's new Balance. Supposed to be released next summer, but who knows when it'll actually hit the market. Seems like it could be the do-it-all bike.