mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Remedy and Enduro

It appears from the specs and reviews that the Enduro is a better descender and a more suitable choice for an aggressive rider. How much of a difference is there between the descending capabilities of the Enduro and Remedy? Also, can the Remedy be tweaked with and upgraded to match the Enduro's capabilities in the descent?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grambinho View Post
    It appears from the specs and reviews that the Enduro is a better descender and a more suitable choice for an aggressive rider. How much of a difference is there between the descending capabilities of the Enduro and Remedy? Also, can the Remedy be tweaked with and upgraded to match the Enduro's capabilities in the descent?
    Just get the Enduro already so we can stop with the same old post on the same old bikes, there both in the same bike store right? If so ride each one. Enduro is more the descending. The Remdey is Trail/AM bike with a steeper head angle. A Scratch is more compareable to the Enduro. Really can't say anything about the spec because there are 3 models of Enduro, but Specialized and Trek both come with junk bars stem and seat post wheel set, but thats how the big manufatures get you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drth Vadr View Post
    but Specialized and Trek both come with junk wheel set
    Wheels on my Stumpjumper FSR make little bunnies cry. Too little spokes, too soft ...
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."
    www.nivas.hr | www.worship.hr

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Grambinho View Post
    I never knew that you could tell how well a bike actually rides by specs on a computer screen. Have you ridden either of these bikes? Your first sentence would suggest that you haven't and your last sentence suggest that you have as you say the Enduro is a capable descender.

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    I never knew that you could tell how well a bike actually rides by specs on a computer screen. Have you ridden either of these bikes? Your first sentence would suggest that you haven't and your last sentence suggest that you have as you say the Enduro is a capable descender.

MTBP
    Actually you can. Test riding a bike is only subjective if you don't know how the components like the fork , shock, weight of the wheels and tires, compliment the frames suspension, stem length, bar width, and not to mention suspension set up.. Ex. I know a RP 23 is going to out perform a RP2 for my 200lbs a$$, which comes on the Enduro Comp. I know the wheelset is heavy and has more rotating mass which means slow acceleration. Most people get rapped up in the name on the side of the frame and forget the part that compliment said frame design. People are willing to spend thousands for worthless components that they couldn't even get 10 cents for selling on ebay just for the name on the frame.
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 09-13-2011 at 07:01 AM.

74 & 29 pilot
    Actually you can. Test riding a bike is only subjective if you don't know how the components like the fork , shock, weight of the wheels and tires, compliment the frames suspension, stem length, bar width, and not to mention suspension set up.. Ex. I know a RP 23 is going to out perform a RP2 for my 200lbs a$$, which comes on the Enduro. I know the wheelset is heavy and has more rotating mass which means slow acceleration. Most people get rapped up in the name on the side of the frame and forget the part that compliment said frame design. People a willing to spend thousands for worthless components that you couldn't even get 10 cents for selling on ebay just for the name on the frame.
    EXACTLY! Some riders wouldn't do any better going downhill with high end components as compared to lower end junk, and for some it wouldn't matter what bike they were on, they would still rip it up. It's all about which bike feels better for that particular rider.

Suspension is obvious for better DH characteristics in rock gardens, large drops, etc. etc.

What does this have to do with "the name on the frame?"

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I know there may be better all mountain bikes out there from smaller manufacterers, but the two LBS that are close to me are a Trek and a Specialized dealer which is why I'm going to stick with one of the two. I'll go with the Remedy, and if need be, I can always give it an upgrade here and there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    EXACTLY! Some riders wouldn't do any better going downhill with high end components as compared to lower end junk, and for some it wouldn't matter what bike they were on, they would still rip it up. It's all about which bike feels better for that particular rider.

Suspension is obvious for better DH characteristics in rock gardens, large drops, etc. etc.

What does this have to do with "the name on the frame?"

MTBP
    You are absolutely right, but when it come to pedal efficency and feedback that can make a huge difference in how the bike "feels".
    the other has nothing to do with anything but money and I like mine in my pocket.

Grambinho. The Remedy is going to suit you better in a Trail/AM and originally the 68-67 HA was the standard for Am bikes a couple of yrs ago. What evre you get, try to save enough money on the purchase to invest in a new wheelset and sell the stock wheels. That with make all the difference when pedaling.

mtbr member
    Skip 'em both and mail order yourself a Nomad. You can thank me later
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    originally the 68-67 HA was the standard for Am bikes a couple of yrs ago
    So are you saying that 68-67 is not aggressive enough for an AM bike in your opinion?

wuss
    I've found I prefer slacker HA if the seat angle is just steep enough. Currently have 66.5 and don't feel any need for steeper.

usually cranky
    but Specialized and Trek both come with junk bars stem and seat post, but thats how the big manufatures get you.
    whats wrong with house brand stuff? that is how nearly all manufacters outfit there bikes. and really, how badly can you make a bar or seatpost?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    whats wrong with house brand stuff? that is how nearly all manufacters outfit there bikes. and really, how badly can you make a bar or seatpost?
    You buying house dressing for your bike? You still rockn the HG-50 cassette?

usually cranky
    You buying house dressing for your bike? You still rockn the HG-50 cassette?

if i were to upgrade id buy other brand stuff but the spec stuff that came on my stumpy is fine. compares to any mid grade aftermarket brand. i just dont see your point in overlooking a bike because it has spec or bonty components instead of easton and thomson. you start doing that and your down to picking between a handful of expensive botique brands.