mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Reign 2 Vs C'dale Moto 4

There are two LBS's up here that have good sales going on. One has the Reign 2 on sale for 2k, and the other has a Moto 4 on sale for the same price. The Moto has the Giant beat on components, but I am worried about the frame design on it. Is my thinking flawed here, should I be worried about the Cannondale, or was the Moto a decent design? Its about impossible to google or search anywhere and find anything out about it. I will mostly be riding around town with the kids and doing local single tracks. But there is a big DH spot right down the street with lift access. The Rein is an '11 model, and the Moto is an '09.

mtbr member
    I own the Reign 2 2011 & my riding mate owns that model & year Moto 4....get the Reign i have ridden both & the Reign is much better the Moto is over 16.5kg ( Down hill weight - performance ) the Reign around 13.8kg & is a very confidence boosting bike. Buy the Reign & spec it up over time.
    Life's too short to be soft

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Reign is much lighter in weight. I own a 2011 Reign also, love it.

TXTony
    I have a 2009 Moto 3 carbon...I was a little skeptical as well on the design of the entire bike..when I purchased it I was currently ridding a 2006 Enduro as my all mountain rig...the Moto is heavy..after replacing the wheels, adding a dropper seat and a bash guard It weighed in right at 34 pounds..I have never owned a Giant but know they make great Mt Bikes..I never owned a Cannondale until this Moto..it takes some work going up hill..i just have to pedal it slow and methodically...it handles great on the technical stuff and what down hill type stuff we have around here...I sold my Enduro after ridding this bike for several months to see if I liked it...that said it is not my only Mt Bike so I have the option of taking a lighter one out when we do more XC type stuff...but weight was not an issue when I bought it and though a lot of people put a lot into weight these days on bikes this thing is comfortable and tracks well over the rough stuff...I am not pro Cannondale just thought I would share my experience with the bike..

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I ride a Reign.........Maestro (VPP) Works awesome. Have a 36 160 FLOAT out front and the bike always feels amazing everytime I ride it.