siv
    mtbr member

Reign 1 vs. Roscoe 1

Price is the same for me, Reign looks like a better spec. AM riding with climbing, singletrack and rock gardens. Rode the Roscoe not the Reign. Opinions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ride the Reighn and compare the two in the fit department. My budy just picked up a Roscoe and loves it. He said it took a bit of getting use to due to the G2 geometry but now loves it a states it's the best trail bike he's ever had. I'd get a Roscoe if I had the funds. If the fit turns out to be similar then go off of looks.

mtbr member
    I bought a Reign. It climbs better than my GT 1.0 The suspension has soaked up everything I've hit. I did not try the Roscoe.
    09 GIANT REIGN 1
    09 Fisher Rig 29
    05 FELT 55
    03 GT 1.0
    Turning skills or hospital bills

squish is good
    Anybody seen that vid on the Roscoe on their website? Gary is creating a new line of bike! Stronger than a trailbike but lighter than All Mountain! What a joke... sorry the marketing is just ridiculous.

It looks like a good bike overall, I would say the Reign and the Roscoe are pretty comparable overall. I'd go with a Roscoe if I were doing more long distance stuff, Reign if your doing slightly more gnarly stuff.
    Bike good, work bad.

siv
    mtbr member
    Both bikes seem to have similar geometry. The shock on the Roscoe is brand new as well as the frame so I dont know if thats a bad thing or not. Fisher has a lifetime warranty, not sure about Giant. I think that if you had to have only one bike the Fisher would be it. Id go with the Reign if you were to add a hardtail or 29er to your family, thats my real debate. Too bikes or one.

Members who have read this thread: 0