mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Rear suspension adjustment questions

I recently got on my first full squish AM/Enduro and have been somewhat baffled with how to tweak the rear suspension. My bike is fitted with a Dyad RT2 that normally comes stock with Cannondales (Jekyll, Trigger, Claymore--mine's a Scarlet). I am 108 lbs. and at the bottom limit for the rider weight recommendations provided on the website. I have it set as recommended and it feels a little too stiff. I've read other forum posts relevant to setting up the Dyad and most recommend running it lower by 2-3 below the recommended weight on the chart. Since I am at the very bottom weight of the recommended limits I am not sure if I should try to go below that and risk being outside the recommended pressure range.

Do I risk damaging the shock by going below manufacturer's recommendations? How do you suggest I set my rear shock to get more "squish" out of it as it is rather on the stiffer side while following the recommended setting?
    I'm hard yet soft, I am coloured yet clear, I am fruity and sweet. I am jelly. What am I?

mtbr member
    youre jelly!
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    since we are jelly due to your dilemma my suggestion is to experiment with going low and see what happens with the ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    My bike is fitted with a Dyad RT2 that normally comes stock with Cannondales (Jekyll, Trigger, Claymore--mine's a Scarlet).
    Email Cannondale and ask them.

Some shocks can suffer from malfunctions when run at under minimum pressure as the internal pressure is needed hold IFPs in place and/or damper ports/valves shut. Whether that applies to the Dyad I have no idea, but Cannondale will know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Email Cannondale and ask them.

Some shocks can suffer from malfunctions when run at under minimum pressure as the internal pressure is needed hold IFPs in place and/or damper ports/valves shut. Whether that applies to the Dyad I have no idea, but Cannondale will know.
    Right-- I guess it is best to ask them before I risk running low and voiding my warranty. I generally don't mind the somewhat stiff ride running manufacturer recommended pressure but thought I'd ask if anyone's ever gone lower without any adverse consequences to the rear suspension. Thanks for the input!
    I'm hard yet soft, I am coloured yet clear, I am fruity and sweet. I am jelly. What am I?