Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    livin' large
    I have had really good luck with xt rear derailleurs. On my Slayer I use a NSB hanger banger, and that also seems to keep everything running snappy.

On my Switch I'm on my second X-9 derailleur, the first had the spring that moves the cage (don't know the official name of it) crap the bed with no way to repair other than a whole new derailleur. This bike is my first sram drive train and it hasn't been all rainbows and butterflys.(that bike might get a saint overhaul at some point)

I'm sticking with good ole shimano from here on in
    it tied the room together man!

is anyone running a short cage d? I have a 32t single ring up front, maybe this is enough for a short d??? I recall there was a formula to figuring this out.

The reason I ask is because lately, after rides with a lot of drops and such, my rear d gets all out of whack and needs to be adjusted towards the end of each ride. I'm guessing maybe this is the cause of the longer xt cage I have.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one
    is anyone running a short cage d? I have a 32t single ring up front, maybe this is enough for a short d??? I recall there was a formula to figuring this out.

The reason I ask is because lately, after rides with a lot of drops and such, my rear d gets all out of whack and needs to be adjusted towards the end of each ride. I'm guessing maybe this is the cause of the longer xt cage I have.
    Ya no problem, short or medium are the best.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one
    I'd look at cables housing and cables themselves, first. Derailleurs should not care much if you're dropping or just rolling along.
    Check my Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2