mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Ragley frame size Question?

So heres my issue, I am looking to build my first Bicycle. I want to build off of the 2013 Ragley Blue Pig frame, I honestly have never seen a Ragley bicycle in the US. So I have never been able to get any first hand experience or talk to anyone other than on the internet about Ragley's. From all I've read they seem to be an outstanding steel frame and make great build bikes.

My problem is I dont really know what size frame to buy (buying from Chainrection). I'm 1943mm tall (76.5 inches) and 914mm (36 inches) inseam (floor to crotch) and I weigh 230 pounds (if it matters). Bike use will be all mountain use. Can someone more knowledgable recommend the best frame size. I understand there may be more variables.. My gut is saying 20in frame but I have read of people using the 18 who were my height (not sure of their inseam). ALso bit of a side note, is Ragley even a decent brand since brant left. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

mtbr member
    There is an app for apple phones that is pretty good at finding bike frame sizes for you. Its free, and it takes all your measurements in mm's. you just need to put in all your measurements.

Search "bike sizes" in the app store.

Hope i could help.

mtbr member

Ragley frame size Question?

My guess would be 20 for sure unless you like small bikes. I have a 17 (they used to make them) at 5'10" and could probably be ok on a 18. At 6+ inches taller I'm going with a 20" for you. Ragley has good products.