mtbr member

Ragley Blue PIG or Piglet .... aggressive trail/light AM @ 130mm travel

Looking to swap out my slack Kona CinderCone trail bike frame for some steel. Wanting to keep about the same geo ... approx 67* HTA @ 130mm travel. ... sub 68* is preferred.

After a bunch of research I'm looking to go on the hunt for either a Blue PIG or Piglet but can't really make up my mind which. From what I gather the Blue PIG is more of a 140mm bike (150mm preferred); as the Piglet max's out @ 130mm. With that I'm not sure if I'd really have enough travel to even get close to the PIG's sweet-spot. Not really looking for another 5.5inch travel bike; got a FS for that ... no real need for more travel than that anyway.

Checking out the Ragley geo info page ... it seems that both will put me in my range, with the Piglet being closer to 68* if not more ... which isn't really thrilling me. However even with the 130mm travel the PIG seems to look to be about 68* (sagged) as well.

... so now I throw it out to you all ... Which One?

Any input will be appreciated!
    Last edited by ubado; 11-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    '12 Transition Bandit29
    '12 Transition TransAM 29
    '13 On-One Inbred 29'er LTD ED Single Speed

mtbr member
    hang fire a mo mate the new blue pig will be out shortly with revised geomatry which means it will take upto 160 forks from what you say you could def go for the piglet head angle is 68.5 with 120 forks i think so running 130s would slacken it out dont forget its designed for a shorter stem which would put you weight further back behnd the front wheel on descents im running 140 pikes on my mmbop with a zero stack headset and it handles brill
    it would be worth looking on ebay for a second hand piglet you can pick them up for a good price i paid 97 for my mmmbop!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the insight ... Used is what I'm looking at.... Thinking Piglet. Going for a steel build around my 130mm forks ... From what I figure the Blue Pig is a bit overkill for what I'm needing. Although it does give me the ability to add more travel if needed later down the road.
    Unfortunately I missed both due to chasing a Cotic Soul led. The Piglet was a bit too large anyways so I guess no real loss there.
    '12 Transition Bandit29
    '12 Transition TransAM 29
    '13 On-One Inbred 29'er LTD ED Single Speed