mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Raceface Sixc vs Easton Haven carbon bars

I was leaning towards the Race Face due to the added length but cannot find any info about their warranty / warranty period. Their issues with the Sixc cranks have me a bit concerned. The Eastons have the best warranty in the biz.

Anyone with a set of the Sixc know what Race Face's stand is on failures?

Thanksd

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Why not go for havocs if you want some more width? When it comes to carbon bars and such Easton has more experience 10 fold. Heck when I used their carbon hockey sticks and blades back when I played, it was amazing how much abuse they could take. I have a set of havocs and havens both in carbon and wouldn't trade them for any other bar on the market.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro View Post
    I was leaning towards the Race Face due to the added length but cannot find any info about their warranty / warranty period. Their issues with the Sixc cranks have me a bit concerned. The Eastons have the best warranty in the biz.

Anyone with a set of the Sixc know what Race Face's stand is on failures?

Thanksd
    Raceface is owned by Easton-Bell sports, as far as handlebar quality goes there's nothing between Raceface and Easton.

I don't know the specifics of their warranty, but have never had a problem getting spares or replacements from them when people have issues, they seem to take a very 'can do' attitude to warranty claims.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    @831, I am considering the Havocs but I'd need to have them cut down. I'll visit their website and see what that process is. I know nothing about carbon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Cutting them is no big deal at all, they even have cut lines on them. Just tape it where you want to cut it so the carbon doesn't splinter and use a dremel and wear a mask over eyes and mouth...the carbon stuff is not so good for ya.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have an Edge,Sixc and Havoc carbon bars,can't say I like one over the other,different lengths for style or purpose all have performed well and no issues on any or lack of confidence.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Raceface is owned by Easton-Bell sports, as far as handlebar quality goes there's nothing between Raceface and Easton.

I don't know the specifics of their warranty, but have never had a problem getting spares or replacements from them when people have issues, they seem to take a very 'can do' attitude to warranty claims.
    for what it's worth, they have the same ownership but raceface uses its own manufacturing process that easton does not.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Techfersure, what is the warranty for the Raceface Sixc? What did the paperwork that came with the bar state?

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Been using the sixc carbon bars uncut, no issues

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have owned both and never had a problem with eiter one of them. Over time though I have prefered the Easton's simply because they are wider and accomodate my riding style better.