• 08-22-2012
    michael1
    Race Face Turbine Stem or Easton Haven Stem. Help me decide.
    Which of these should I get for an Ibis Mojo SL to complement an Easton Haven handlebar? I'd get the turbine stem 60 mm or haven stem 55 mm length. Will the length difference matter and will there be any noticeable difference in terms of stiffness?
  • 08-22-2012
    b-kul
    no experience withe the easton but i had a 60mm turbine and it was a stout and beautiful stem.
  • 08-22-2012
    006_007
    If it has to be one of those two then the race face is a pretty piece of kit.

I would also consider (very seriously) Thomson and even Chromag.
  • 08-22-2012
    nixgame22
    You're not going to notice a difference in stiffness, but the different lengths will position you differently. I would make the choice based on the length.
  • 08-22-2012
    monty797
    I agree that you won't notice a real difference between the stems in terms of stiffness. Both are really nice stems, solid weights, great stiffness, good looks and both usually are reasonably priced. The lengths are fairly close, but even small differences can lead to bigger issues down the road.

Personally I always edge a little longer if I'm coming off a longer stem. So for example, if I have a 90mm stem and I was trying to choose between those two I would go with the 60.

Just my .02
  • 08-22-2012
    Count
    I recently built up a new bike and would also recommend the Renthal stem, it's the first time I've not had a Thomson stem and it is a really nice piece of kit. Killer looks but also very nice engineering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • 08-22-2012
    MTT77
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    ... I would make the choice based on the length.

Lol - thats what she said.

I have the Haven bar and stem combo and love it. Plus it matches, so if that is important to you....
  • 08-22-2012
    Calhoun
    between those two I would base the decision on what kind of deal can be had.
  • 08-23-2012
    michael1
    I ended up going with the Easton Haven stem.
  • 08-24-2012
    michael1