mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Race Face Next SL Handle Bars and Seat post for AM use?

Looking at these products to shave some weight off my bike let alone look super bad-ass, but how do you think they would hold up? The handle bars say they have a beefed up center to take abuse.

I have never used carbon fiber on a bike before, is this new stuff pretty good?
    Still on training wheels

Addicted
    May 2006
    I've got a set of Next SL bars on my dirt jumper/urban/slalom bike and they are working great. They've actually been on there for 2 years now. I ride the bike pretty hard and never had an issue.

I have no experience with the seatpost but again I run carbon seatposts on my Session10, Fly, Chase, and Litespeed. Being that 3 of those bikes are ridden hard and jumped/tossed on a regular basis, I've had very good luck with not cracking any of them.
    If you are really concerned about damage to a seatpost I would reccomend the Bontrager Race Lite ACC. It's a lightweight carbon seatpost with a slim aluminum shim inside in increase stiffness and durability.
    I actually use the ACC posts on my Chase, Fly and Session specifically for that reason.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    good to hear, but yes i dont ride to crazy on this bike as being 4" travel but do a little more than your average xc
    Still on training wheels