mtbr member
    Aug 2013

New question here. questions about tires! what kind and sizing

okay. probably another dumb question by me, but im sure alot of new guys are wondering the same thing. okay, so can you interchange tires with rims? if i have a bike with stock 2.1 tires, can i use 2.35-2.5 on the same rim, or does this require a whole new wheel set. also, what is the preferred enduro set up for tires?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    you can. i have a 2.6 up front and 2.3 in the rear, same wheels front and back

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    sweet. what kind of biking do you do? if you dont mind me asking. i have a hardtail, but i do mostly all mountain techy stuff and im rocking 2.1's, should i upgrade?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    well since i live in florida in the city, i do alot of urban riding/parking lot crushing, jumping golf course hills and random stair sets around the city and anything else that looks fun. my closest trails are about an hour away but i try and get out there as much as possible. theyre kinda sandy and prolly faster than what u ride on but i love having the big tire up front. its like a mind thing as well, if you come up on a crazy tech with a 2.6 vs 2.1 youre going to feel a lot more confidence riding over the roots/rocks. i would say go for it man, maybe a 2.5 up front and a 2.3 in the back? it cant hurt right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jake ninehouse View Post
    sweet. what kind of biking do you do? if you dont mind me asking. i have a hardtail, but i do mostly all mountain techy stuff and im rocking 2.1's, should i upgrade?
    The main limiting factors are frame and fork clearance, besides that, run whatever size tires you want. Big tires might work best on wide rims, but not always a deal-breaker.