mtbr member
    May 2008

New question here. Question about KS i950

KS i950

The red end cap at the base of the post (the one it instructs to remove with needle nose pliers)

Should this end cap have two o-rings, one small sitting inside the cap (and slides over the threaded pole) and a larger second one which would seal the cap to the bottom of the post?

I ask because in the manual it says they should be there, as well as looking like the cap should have o-rings, they are missing on my post, the confirmation will lead me to have a non to polite conversation with a LBS

T.W.O.
    Give Rick at KS a call, I've never remove the bottom plate.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Cheers, I found his email via another thread, I've sent him the question, although im pretty certain the LBS have left the o-rings off when they serviced it, it makes no sense for the rings not to be there, compounded by the fact it was bone dry. The most annoying thing is I would normally have serviced it myself as I have yet to find a LBS that I trust but I let my mate do me a favor, they also managed to incorrectly service me brakes

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Really quick reply from Rick (KS USA) I'm slow posting it as has been bonkers busy at work

. Hi Wayne,

The current production uses Slick Honey grease as opposed to oil for lube, thus it doesn't need the orings.

If the shop used slick honey instead of oil when they serviced the post, then there is no need for orings.

Hope that helps.

-Rick
    KS USA

EDR
    I have an email from RTaylor stating they are not needed. Off the top of my head I can't remember why, I'd have to look at my email when I get home.

But to answer your question...the manual is outdated.