mtbr member
    May 2010

Pulling the trigger on a jekyll, I think

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Jekyll 2 tomorrow, trying to figure out if I overlooked anything, I looked at the Scott genius and the cannondale rz120, scalpel 29er Nd the claymore, figures the Jekyll fits my needs best, can anyone think of anything similar to the Jekyll? Just wondering.
    Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    2010 Mosaic SS 29er
    2012 Cannondale Jekyll 2 Carbon

FreuderLocks is an S-TEC certified bike mechanic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I just bought a Jekyll as well...love it...rides great and super stiff!! for me it was a great switch from a stumpjumper elite...good luck

U $ 4 O?
    how does the pull shock ride compared to the dhx air?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Im coming from a HT 29er ss, so this is a big step for me, Ive never owned a full squish bike before, ive ridden a bunch. Im really just trying to make sure that im getting a good bike for what im using it for, I like t bomb trails, hit stair step in aliso canyon outside laguna the other day on my ss, it was brutal. Rode a customers scalpel and loved it, it was one of the aluminum ones but felt that it didnt have enough travel for me for what I want to do with it. Ive looked at the scott scale but dont like the reviews about the reliability of the rear shock. I work in a bike shop where we sell cannondale and scott and got turned on to the Jekyll by a cannondale rep. We sell felt too, but I really like the features of the Jekyll, so thats what I think im going to go for. I know 26 is kind of on the way out, both scott and Cannondale are tossing some 650b into the mix in the next year but this seems like the best deal for me and I need a bike other than my ht/ss for longer rides.

Ill post a review when I get my bike.

Thanks for any input in advance!
    2010 Mosaic SS 29er

mtbr member
    I dunno, the new genius 7 or whatever it is looks pretty sweet. The new 2013 650b. I had a scott genius for a while there, and didn't really like the pull shock linkage... seemed very wallowy when in full mode. The traction control just got to be a pain. The mojo HD I just set it and forget it, can baerly tell the difference between the propedal and full open settings, most of the time, propedal isn't even needed... I personally don't like the proprietary pull shock thing cuz I had one. What if you ever want to change it out for a coil? or try a different shock etc..?
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    I dunno, the new genius 7 or whatever it is looks pretty sweet. The new 2013 650b. I had a scott genius for a while there, and didn't really like the pull shock linkage... seemed very wallowy when in full mode. The traction control just got to be a pain. The mojo HD I just set it and forget it, can baerly tell the difference between the propedal and full open settings, most of the time, propedal isn't even needed... I personally don't like the proprietary pull shock thing cuz I had one. What if you ever want to change it out for a coil? or try a different shock etc..?
    Hrm, that makes sense, its my day off so Ill probably ride a few bikes to see whats up, see if I can find anything that I really want other than the Jekyll. One of my serious reasons behind wanting a jekyll is that they are on factory clearance for cannondale dealership employees....(ie, me) Its easy to ask a cannondale/scott rep what bike you should buy, they certainly wont steer you away from their products. I want to ride a felt and see whats up, we carry a few other brands as well so Ill check those out. One of my other reasons behind buying a bike on clearance at this time of the year before the 2013s come out is that next year I can get a new bike again, hopefully.

I have ridden many pull/push shock bikes, I cant really tell the difference (as long as they are properly set up of course).

That said im really not down with the scott bikes, nothing glaring i guess they are just kinda fugly to me, which doesnt really matter in the long run.

Im really just looking for a good all around bike that I can ride in two states (california and Colorado) that will take me places that my ss cant and will take me farther than im willing to go on my ss in a day. Im really leaning towards the jekyll and trying to avoid hard tails as my back is starting to hurt lol.
    -Freuderlocks
    2010 Mosaic SS 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I bought mine because of the deal as well...I came from a 2011 stumpy fsr with the brain. I swore I would never buy a bike with a propiertary shock. But the jekyll rides so nice. I rode itseveral times and wanted to hate it but in fact I liked it alot. stable on the decents and climbes good. I do not use the feature to switch between 90mm and 150mm ... it climbs pretty well in the flow mode. Glad I bought!!!

mtbr member
    I just rode with a cannondale rep last week who was on a jekyll, maybe he got the same deal! In my experience the scotts are just not built for all mountain abuse. I mean, a 12mm front axle? seriously? The linkages are always coming loose and are a pain and expensive to replace all the pivot bearings... atleast you can get a deal on it, an ride it for a while, if ya don't like it, dump it next year.. I also like a bike that's versatile, that's why I bought the mojo HD. But, it's a bike I plan on keeping for a long time!
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp