Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

It is possible to paint the bars of the fork with kashima?

Hello,It is possible to paint the bars of the fork with kashima?what kind of paint is?where you purchase?thanks

mtbr member
    If you mean the stanchions, the actual coated uppers, I wouldn't. It can't be good for performance. Why do you want to paint them?

perpetual pucker factor
    Kashima is not a paint. It is a hard anodizing process that uses EXTREMELY small flecks (~2 microns) of molybdenum disulfide and other things to fill in micro-pores of the metal and make it very smooth. It used to be called Alumite, but it appears that Yamaha Japan started calling it Kashima. You can't buy a can of it, nor wold you want to set up a home anodizing process in your garage. It uses some really nasty chemicals. But there are coating shops around the world that you could send your stanchions to and they will coat them for you.

The problem is that it will easily cost you over $200 to get them coated, which would make it not worth the performance gain. It does make forks smoother, but not 'OH MY GOSH FEEL HOW SMOOTH THEY ARE' smooth. If your fork feels really sticky now, it will still be sticky after a Kashima coating.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    If you mean the stanchions, the actual coated uppers, I wouldn't. It can't be good for performance. Why do you want to paint them?
    I am referring to the kashima treatment, ¿if it is possible to give such treatment? according to say is more resistant and more soft

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    Kashima is not a paint. It is a hard anodizing process that uses EXTREMELY small flecks (~2 microns) of molybdenum disulfide and other things to fill in micro-pores of the metal and make it very smooth. It used to be called Alumite, but it appears that Yamaha Japan started calling it Kashima. You can't buy a can of it, nor wold you want to set up a home anodizing process in your garage. It uses some really nasty chemicals. But there are coating shops around the world that you could send your stanchions to and they will coat them for you.

The problem is that it will easily cost you over $200 to get them coated, which would make it not worth the performance gain. It does make forks smoother, but not 'OH MY GOSH FEEL HOW SMOOTH THEY ARE' smooth. If your fork feels really sticky now, it will still be sticky after a Kashima coating.
    OK thanks, good explication, is very expensive $ 200,pants to AM about troy lee for example

FKA Malibu412
    Just get a can of non-stick cooking spray. Lots cheaper.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Just get a can of non-stick cooking spray. Lots cheaper.
    Hello,Where you buy that?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I need to paint the Green fork, does anyone know the name of the green color of the photo?[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by 727; 01-20-2013 at 09:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I think is color green leaf

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by 727 View Post
    I need to paint the Green fork, does anyone know the name of the green color of the photo?]
    It's not easy being...
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Kawasaki Green!

mtbr member
    May 2011

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    It's not easy being...
    already but
    in fox paid me 200 euros for paint it

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    Kawasaki Green!
    ok ,can be green kawasaki 777, here in this ebay thanks KAWASAKI LIME GREEN PAINT KAWASAKI 777 LIME GREEN BASECOAT 777 LIME GREEN 777 KA | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    better that you paint it in a garage?? If paint so I was wrong?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    But there are many types of Greens
    [IMG][IMG]

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    You put the color of the zx12 that seem so more fat.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You put the color of the zx12 that seem so more fat.
    I think the biggest problem with this thread is the language barrier.

I do not know what what you are trying to do to your fork.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    I think the biggest problem with this thread is the language barrier.

I do not know what what you are trying to do to your fork.
    the language is not well understood?? I if I understand more or less

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the language is not well understood?? I if I understand more or less
    We need someone who reads Spanish.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    We need someone who reads Spanish.
    jajaj **** that I write bad .¿no understand my questions ?I understand your answers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Apparently you didn't understand it. I meant we need someone that can read Spanish in this thread, so you can type in your native Spanish and the other person can translate. capisce?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand it. I meant we need someone that can read Spanish in this thread, so you can type in your native Spanish and the other person can translate. capisce?
    ok thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    La pregunta es ¿que tipo de verde es?supongo que sera el kawasaki verde lima 777, y respecto a pintarla yo mismo, que creeis ¿es mejor que la pinten en un taller de coches??quedara mal si la pinto yo?? mi intencion es pintarla sin desmontarla,gracias

perpetual pucker factor
    yo hablo espanol. Vivi en Venezuela por dos anos. Creo que usted tiene razon, parece Kawasaki Verde Lima 777 o algo muy cerca. Claro que puede pintarlo usted mismo, pero hay problemas con eso. La mas grande es que encontrar pintura de ese color exacto en una lata spray no es facil. Tambien, Pintura spray no dura mucho tiempo. Se va a rayar muy facilmente se ud se cae. Pero si no puede desmontarlo, esa es la unica manera de hacerlo. Ponga algo para proteger los stanchions (las partes doradas) y no usa brocha o se va a ver terrible.

Si quiere que la pintura se ve bien y que sea durable, hay dos maneras de hacerlo. La primera es llevarlo a un taller te coches. Pero aqui en los estados unidos, eso cuesta mucho. Sin saber el costo exacto, me imagino que costaria mas de $90 para pintarlo y no hay garantia que la pintura sea durable. El taller tiene que limpiarlo hasta el metal, ponerle primer, y despues poner la pintura. Hay que desmontarlo y desarmarlo o seguramente el taller va a hacer algo malo y destruirlo.

La mejor manera de pintarlo se llama 'Powder Coat' en ingles. No se el nombre en espanol. Es un polvo que cubre el objecto y se mete en un horno. El polvo se derite y forma un cubrimiento que parece pintura pero es much mas grueso y muy liso. Asi es como se pintan muchas bicicletas. Tambien hay que desarmarlo, pero no es deficil. No se si hay de esos talleres acerca de usted, pero es la mejor manera de hacerlo sin duda. Dura MUCHO mejor que qualquier pintura. Para una cosa como las partes bajas de un fork, me imagino que questa alrededor de $50 si puede encontrar un obrero amable. No es barato, pero es la mejor manera.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast