mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Paid SPAM: Price reduced! $3k obo 2011 Trek Remedy 9.9 carbon

2011 Trek Remedy Carbon, slacked out blinged out! - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Pretty sure I've decided to sell this, so my price is pretty negotiable. I'll entertain offers for the complete bike, or frame, frame& fork, frame sans wheels, etc... I'm a mechanic so I can set it up/take it apart as seller may require.

Make me an offer.

Ad copy:

I've fallen in love with a Superfly 100 and just don't ride this much, so maybe someone out there wants it.

If you're looking at this ad, you know what this bike is. Awesome, that's what it is. http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...chive/remedy99

Frame purchased in fall of 2011, fork is 2012 fox kashima DRCV Fit RLC, purchased from Trek.

Works Components Angleset installed, -1.5deg, to result in 66.5 deg head angle.

Lower offset shock bushing to reduce another degree and drop bb a bit, so head angle is 66deg and bb measures 13.5" without sag. Climbs my midwest hills just fine, loves to go FAST downhill.

THIS IS YOUR ENDURO RACING MACHINE.

Sram X0 shifters, XO front, X9 type 2 rear der.
    Sram Truvativ XX crankset.
    Push tuned Fox DRCV RP23, pedals awesome in propedal, full wide open when propedal off.

Truvativ Holzefeller 730mm bar, 70mm bontrager rhythmn stem. Oury Lock on grips.
    2012 XT brakes, purchased in fall of 2012. New pads.
    Kind shock supernatural seatpost with remote, drops 150mm.

Custom handbuilt DT 240's hubs 32h front and rear laced to Stans Notubes Arch EX rims. bontrager xr4 tires front and rear.

I'm 155 lbs xc racer so this bike has not seen much abuse at all, especially considering I live in Omaha Nebraska.

Interested? contact me. I'll get aorund to posting some pics soon. Besides a few small cable rub paint blemishes, it is flawless!

By the way, i borrowed a buddies wheelset for quick clearance test in the workstand... 650b wheels fit! frame and fork cleared a 27.5x2.25 hans dampf tire on crest rim. Never rode it though, but if you want to build a 650b 27.5 bike this might be a great place for your to start!

PS- I'll entertain offers on the frame or frame/fork if you are so inclined.
    Last edited by rfxc; 06-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    I assume it's a fox 32 150? Also what is the total build weight? Great build. Looks fast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Haven't weighed total build in current configuration. I'm guessing 27-28 with DMR flat
    pedals and the big tires I have on it now. (2.35 hans dampfs). A bike like this can swing 1-2lbs just with tire selection.

Quick story: Spring of 2012 I raced this bike in a 6hr XC event in Kansas (Bonebender at Clinton lake), flat but rocky course, perfect for extra suspension-- and I wanted an excuse to ride the big bike. I took off the front der and set it up as a 37t 1x10, conti x-king protection 2.4 tires, and 26"/660mm wide carbon bars... weighed 24.5lbs on shop scale with pedals, cage, computer mount etc. People at the start line were surprised I was running such a big bike. Then I won

Since then i've added wider holzfeller bars, swapped XX for an x9 type 2 rear der.

Some knowledge on weight: Frame weight is 5.8lbs (measured when I built it up), the 240's to Arch EX wheels are around 1600g, the 2012 Fox 32 DRCV RLC 150mm kashima fork weighs 1680g (weighed at time of build).

This bike can be 25lbs-26 with carbon bars and lightweight tires. But why run lightweight tires? The current handlebars, tires, and pedals are the only "boat-anchor" parts.

Last summer on vaca in Colorado, I took this on 30-40mi loops through Breckenridge, Crested Butte, and Fruita... it can climb just fine, even with 2.35 hans dampfs.... and the traction you'll get on the dh will make you giddy.

Pretty convinced I want to sell this, so make me an offer. I have a lot of spare parts, too, so if you want to negotiate price/build spec I'm game....

Extra parts:
    I have dt 240's laced to original FLOW rims if you're interested.
    I have thomson elite seatpost if you don't want my kindshock dropper.
    I can substitute an XX der for the x9 type 2 if you'd prefer the lighter weight der.
    I even have a Crest wheelset (with dt240 rear hub) if you'd prefer to make it realy light. Personally, I prefer the stiffness of Arch EX.
    I have Maxxis Minion DHF single ply front tire and crossmark LUST 2,25 rear if you're interested.

I'll sell the built bike sans wheels if that helps you save money, etc.

I just can't afford to have such a nice bike sitting around, I only use it a week or two a year on vaca in the mountains... the rest of the time I'm riding my xc race bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    and Krob, yes, it's pretty fast. Once in a blue moon I take it on group rides with my local XC buddies, most of whom are on 29er hardtails, and I while I have to work a little harder (obviously) it's definitely doable. Unlike an XC race bike, this bike doesn't beg you to stand and hammer-- it begs you to chill, spin up the climbs, then let it all hang out on the descents. But when you need it to keep up with XC race bike, the bike isn't going to hold you back hardly at all-- the engine is most important

Everytime I ride it, I know its not as fast as my superfly 100, but holy crap it sure is FUN.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Allright so my list price is too high, someone make me an offer. I'm not afraid of low ball offers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    offer me something close to $3000 and let's negotiate.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I reduced the price! Also choosing to sell it with burlier wheels! make me an offer.

2011 Trek Remedy 9.9 carbon, slacked out blinged out, price reduced! - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories