Infidel

Pacenti TL28 26er - How much abuse will it take?

I'm considering having a set of Pacenti TL28 26er rims built up with a Hadley rear 10mm TA and Hope Pro II 20mm front hub. The hubs are currently built on a set of XM819s. I read an awesome review of this setup but with a Hadley front hub. Read it at http://www.bike198.com/review-pacent...26er-mountain/ . However, I can't seem to find any other reviews and I'm concerned about the long term durability. I weigh in at around 170 lbs. all geared up. Most of my riding is technical XC with lots of rocks, roots and logs. I don't drop anything of 3 ft. or so, and rarely that. I'd love to hear from anyone who's riding this rim but welcome educated speculation from anyone. By my calculations I'd be dropping about a 1/2 lb. of rotational weight.

LyN
    mtbr member
    I've been using a pair of TL28 rims built with Hopes and Phil Wood 1,8mm strait gauge spokes for 2-3 months. They are holding nicely. I ride quite hard with them on a On One 456 carbon.

mtbr member
    I'm 170lb and ride the 29er version.

They are not All-Mountain rims. Moderate trail riding at the most. They are pretty light and you should watch the pressure and not run it too low if you are riding rocks.

I dented my rear pretty bad on rocks. I wasn't holding out at the descents and running around 23psi at the rear was too low. I think if I rode above 26psi they might have been fine.

LyN
    mtbr member
    Yes, definitely 23psi seems quite low for me. I use 28psi on the front and 32psi on the rear wheel. My weight is about 200lbs geared up and my riding style is clearly AM.