Infidel

Pacenti TL28 26er - How much abuse will it take?

I'm considering having a set of Pacenti TL28 26er rims built up with a Hadley rear 10mm TA and Hope Pro II 20mm front hub. The hubs are currently built on a set of XM819s. I read an awesome review of this setup but with a Hadley front hub. Read it at http://www.bike198.com/review-pacent...26er-mountain/ . However, I can't seem to find any other reviews and I'm concerned about the long term durability. I weigh in at around 170 lbs. all geared up. Most of my riding is technical XC with lots of rocks, roots and logs. I don't drop anything of 3 ft. or so, and rarely that. I'd love to hear from anyone who's riding this rim but welcome educated speculation from anyone. By my calculations I'd be dropping about a 1/2 lb. of rotational weight.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

LyN
    mtbr member
    I've been using a pair of TL28 rims built with Hopes and Phil Wood 1,8mm strait gauge spokes for 2-3 months. They are holding nicely. I ride quite hard with them on a On One 456 carbon.

mtbr member
    I'm 170lb and ride the 29er version.

They are not All-Mountain rims. Moderate trail riding at the most. They are pretty light and you should watch the pressure and not run it too low if you are riding rocks.

I dented my rear pretty bad on rocks. I wasn't holding out at the descents and running around 23psi at the rear was too low. I think if I rode above 26psi they might have been fine.

LyN
    mtbr member
    Yes, definitely 23psi seems quite low for me. I use 28psi on the front and 32psi on the rear wheel. My weight is about 200lbs geared up and my riding style is clearly AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0