Thread: Orbea Oiz

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Orbea Oiz

Does anyone have any comments on the Orbea Oiz? I'm in the market for a new ride, and I'm looking at a few different bikes, but I'm starting to hit information over-load. I've looked at the Ellsworth Truth, Yeti ASR-sl XC Pro, Specialized Epic, Santa Cruz Superlight, and a friend suggested Giant. I think at this point is will come down to which one I can get the best deal on, which right now is looking like the Orbea or Yeti.

Does anyone have any helpful thoughts? Pros or Cons.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    This really belongs in the What Bike To Buy, or XC Racing and Training forum. Those are all lightweight race bikes. What kind of riding are you thinking about doing?

The Oiz is a nice bike, backed by a great company. You've got list of very good XC platforms there. You'd be happy with any of them, I'm sure. Can you get a test ride in on any of them?

Here are my thoughs on some of those:
    Oiz: light, good company with good CS. Nice bike all around.
    Truth: I know they had an issue with cable routing that lead to ghost shifting. This may or may not have been resolved. I'd look into that. I think TE is a prick, which would turn me off a bit, but it's a good bike.
    ASR: See Oiz.
    Epic: Pedals outstandingly well. If you're used to hardtails, this might be the way to go. Super firm pedal platform, at the expense of a little small bump sensitivity.
    Superlight: the biggest thing this had going for it is it's simplicity. A singlepivot is going to be low maintence. If you're looking at Santa Cruz, I'd check out the Blur XC too.
    Giant: I assume you're looking at the Anthem. It's a killer bike, and can be had at excellent prices. Look into it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yeah, you're right, it was probably the wrong place to post my question. I'm new to the mtbr.com forums, so I'm still pecking my way around to see what all is out here.

Thanks for the information. I've done a little more research since I posted that message, and I definitely know the Orbea is out of my line-up now. The Yeti is getting zeroed in on right now, mainly because it's a good ride, I have a Yeti dealer in town, and I can get a pretty good deal on it.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCO
    Yeah, you're right, it was probably the wrong place to post my question. I'm new to the mtbr.com forums, so I'm still pecking my way around to see what all is out here.

Thanks for the information. I've done a little more research since I posted that message, and I definitely know the Orbea is out of my line-up now. The Yeti is getting zeroed in on right now, mainly because it's a good ride, I have a Yeti dealer in town, and I can get a pretty good deal on it.

Thanks again.
    No worries. Why's the Orbea out?

mtbr member
    still very happy with my Orbea OIZ.

look at this topic:
    Orbea thread (with pix)