mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Orange Five Pro - Anyone own one?

Hi Guys,

Was thinking of getting the Orange 5 Pro as an AM rig with a Pike 454 up front. Wadda ya reckon? Got/ridden one yourself? How does it ride? Is it tough enough?

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I met a guy on the trails with one and he was really pleased, he had fox 32 forks, the next time I met him his X0 carbon rear mech had fallen too bits , then I met him again he eplaced the mech for an X9, he said it climbed really well and carried him over all the trails in wales and up north

squish is good
    Orange bikes look weird. Thats all I've got for you.

TJT
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've heard nothing but praise. Slightly steep head angle for an AM bike (look at the geo on the website). Simple, well built, sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    Orange bikes look weird. Thats all I've got for you.
    I agree, except the Patriot FR which I think looks cool.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yeah I used to think they looked weird until I saw one in the flesh - great looking bikes! Look pretty sturdy too. They actually have a slacker head angle than the SC Heckler and dare I sat it - think it will rival the heckler for performance too! Controversial I know as everyone on MTBR seems to love the heckler. Back to the Orange though - It can handle up to 160mm forks.

TJT
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've just looked at the Orange website. Last year they specified a 70 degree head angle with a 140mm fork. This year it says 68.5. I read in a few places last year that the old geometry figures were quite off, so I think this change reflects a re-measuring rather than a redesign.

Also, there is the new Orange AM, which comes with a 160mm fork.

www.orangebikes.co.uk

I have just received my shiny new Heckler, and whilst I think it's great I am sure that the Orange would easily match it's performance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i got an 07 5 pro goes like stink up and down. no probs so far except the crappy headset it comes with.

mtbr member
    Orange bikes are well loved in the UK.. always rate highly in mag tests and loads of people on the trails with them.. The 5 is a up there with the Heckler.. a mate has 5 in polished and it looks awesome in the flesh.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys! Have ordered a '5' with Pike air u-turn, performance pack, hope m4's and hope headset (cheers chrissmith41). Will post pics and spec when it arrives!

mtbr member

My Girlfriends FIVE (2005) with his PIKE Air

and this is in Italy (Finale Ligure Summer 2007):