Don't skid

Opinions on Revelation Air U-turn

Anyone riding a RS Revelation? I am thinking of getting one for my hardtail. I have a Pike on my 6" bike and like the lockout and U-turn. So I would get the Revelation Air U-turn. Anyone have any time on one?
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Anyone riding a RS Revelation? I am thinking of getting one for my hardtail. I have a Pike on my 6" bike and like the lockout and U-turn. So I would get the Revelation Air U-turn. Anyone have any time on one?
    I'll be able to tell you next week..

I asked the same question in comparison to a Fox Talas RLC and a Vanilla RLC and overwhelmingly the consensus was that the RS Revelation was a better shock than both. That is why I opted for it. We shall see...

mtbr member

As good if not better than a Talas..

I have one on a SS and on my 575 (replaced the Talas with the Rev UTurn Air, no Pop-Loc). It is easily as good as my Talas (and mine was Pushed). It is also about 5mm taller axle to crown so along with a taller lower cup, it raised my front end about half an inch... The only thing I don't like about it is the range of adjustment for the compression is only about 150 degrees or so. I was used to audible clicks for compression adjustment. I ended up running my Rev like the RP3 where I have a lockout, half lockout and full open compression using the Compression lever only...

Don't skid
    Hmm...sounds like its a good fork. I am sitting here with the money (I just sold my car and need to buy as many bike parts as I can before I do the responsible thing and pay my bills ) about to pull the trigger. We'll see, I'll let you know.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

The Ancient One
    I also replaced a PUSHed TALAS with the Revelation U-Turn (no pop-loc) on my Id. I definitely like it better.
    "Don't criticize what you can't understand."

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have the 426 air u-turn on my Heckler, and it's been a great fork. Light weight, plush, stiff, very adjustable. For me, the sign of a good fork is to be able to set it up easily, and then not notice it when you ride, and this one fits the bill. Can't go wrong with it IMO.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Excellent fork....................

......................... get some ! TIG.
    Last edited by TIGMAN; 12-18-2008 at 05:45 PM.

29 some of the time...
    Another positive experience here. I have a couple of months on mine. It has been on my hardtail and running primarily at 115mm. I recently swapped it onto my BlurLT to see how it would handle and have been pleased thus far. I did add a plus 5mm headset to make it a bit longer to match the bike. The fork is very tuneable, but also easy to set one way and leave it. I haven't had any issue with it in terms of use or setup. The air u-turn works great and has clearly defined detents. I am about 240lb in full gear and typically run the shock at about 170psi pos and 150 negative.

Bike to the Bone...
    I went from a Talas R to a Revelation 426 with U-Turn. Both are very good, I prefer the controls on the Fox (very easy to dial, the rebound is on the upper section), the travel control has noticeable feedback without having to look at the stantchion to see how much you have afected travel, on the Rev there's this thingie or flap that you lift to change travel, while it's Al, it seems it might break.

I've only used my Rev for one ride, so I can't really give a full acount. I think the fork still needs to be broken and dialed it. Anyway, I think that it has a better ride quality, less brake dive, feels a little firmer when peddaling. It has a lot of more adjustability than my Talas (I have the 'R' version, which does not have compresion damping adjustability). This is a blessing and damnation...lol... I guess if I knew what I am doing, I can adjust it pretty good, but right now I'm just in a trial and error stage.

The Rev is cheaper than the Talas, so I think that also weight in at the buying decision.

Bike to the Bone...
    Ivy, off topic, but congrats on you're Yeti... the bike, I mean, that avatar you have there doesn't make it justice

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Ivy, off topic, but congrats on you're Yeti... the bike, I mean, that avatar you have there doesn't make it justice

I thought the G.I. Joe Yeti was cool... It seems to scare everyone though...

LOL... I've had that avatar for about 2 months just waiting till I ordered the bike so I could post it..

aka baycat
    how bout PUSHing your Revelation!!!

bike in the back right

Team Blindspot

No

Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    how bout PUSHing your Revelation!!!

bike in the back right

That's a new RS shock that cannot be revealed yet. Darren is playing around with it on his Nomad.
    Astigmatic Visionary