mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Ok, I've done some HW and now I need some insight

Ok, so I currently have a 2011 Diamondback Mission 2. Love the bike so far. I have changed out only a few parts so far... New 2011 Easton Havoc 50mm stem, and bars, SLX 22/36/bash crankset and SLX 2 ring FD. Now I'm looking at wheelsets, since the stock wheelset is heavy and well, I don't know how reliable... I think they'll make a good beater set for when I want to try stupid stuff without ruining my main wheelset. So here's where my question comes in. I've got my eyes set on two different wheel sets right now. The WTB Stryker All Mountain set, or the 2011 Easton Havoc set. They're both the same inner width profile. They're both tubeless ready. They're both about the same weight (I think by about 40 grams difference. I'm not looking at the specs right now). So where my search is not turning up anything is A.) Which wheel set has better engagement in the rear hub? B.) Is the traditional spoke setup on the Stryker's vs. the 24 spoke setup on the Eastons going to be beneficial down the road? For such things as repairs, possibly switching out hubs, etc.

So this is where insight would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone compared these two? Does anyone know the POE on either set? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Any takers? Anyone able to give a little insight here?

mtbr member
    Kings laced to 819s.