"El Whatever"

No more Giro Semi MX???

I got lost a little... I understand it was discontinued back in 2005, but somehow I had the idea it was still being sold in 2006.

I visited their site today and it's definitively out of production for 2007??

They must be banging their heads against a wall now Fox, TLD and THE have a helmet in this style.

The Xen is nice, but it does not offer the same protection as my Semi-MX and it is very expensive.

Well... Giro just lost me for my next helmet. I was all over another Semi-MX.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I got lost a little... I understand it was discontinued back in 2005, but somehow I had the idea it was still being sold in 2006.

I visited their site today and it's definitively out of production for 2007??

They must be banging their heads against a wall now Fox, TLD and THE have a helmet in this style.

The Xen is nice, but it does not offer the same protection as my Semi-MX and it is very expensive.

Well... Giro just lost me for my next helmet. I was all over another Semi-MX.
    I remember when the semi first came out; I really wanted one badly.... till I actually felt one. It seemed so fragile and thin, so I never bought one. Have you [crash] tested yours?

I still think they are the best looking lid.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack_er
    I remember when the semi first came out; I really wanted one badly.... till I actually felt one. It seemed so fragile and thin, so I never bought one. Have you [crash] tested yours?

I still think they are the best looking lid.
    No. But I've used a couple more (XC) helmets and this one feels solid. Weighs in solid too.

If you compare it to a pure skate lid, it looks and feels fragile. If you compare it to most XC helmets it's more solid.

I just tested it in very hot weather and the lack of openings was a blessing under the sun. The helmet was hotter than a black leather seat in a hot summer day on the outside, but my melon was ok.

It was a grinding slow climb and I'm thankful those openings are small.
    Check my Site