mtbr member
    May 2009

No Brant=No Ragley?

So I finally have all my stuff together and go to order my frame(blue pig x) from CRC and they are all out, every size and every color and it's not just that frame it's all of the Ragley's.

I have'nt been on here for a while so I come to see what is up and I see that Brant left Ragley.So I was wondering if that's it, are they done? If not are the frames coming back soon? It says September 23rd on the pigx but somehow I don't believe it. Anybody know whats up?

mtbr member
    Ebay There is one looks like a decent deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drew2388 View Post
    So I finally have all my stuff together and go to order my frame(blue pig x) from CRC and they are all out, every size and every color and it's not just that frame it's all of the Ragley's.

I have'nt been on here for a while so I come to see what is up and I see that Brant left Ragley.So I was wondering if that's it, are they done? If not are the frames coming back soon? It says September 23rd on the pigx but somehow I don't believe it. Anybody know whats up?
    I was wondering the same thing, saw this on the On-One forum...

Welcome Back Brant!

usually cranky
    +1. what will happen to the ragley fs proto? looked sweet.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    +1. what will happen to the ragley fs proto? looked sweet.
    You will buy it with a Titus name for double the price.

Nukeproof was off to a good start too. But who really cares, somebody will make good bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Nukeproof was off to a good start too. But who really cares, somebody will make good bikes.
    Nuke proof has people beside Brant working on it, they'll be fine.

Besides, a lot of the Nukeproof stuff (hubs, seatpost, pedals...) is just rebadged catalogue stuff anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    they still have 18" and 20" Ti frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    You will buy it with a Titus name for double the price.

Have a link to the proto?

The one I saw didn't have the HL

local trails rider
    Brant developed Ragley and a couple of other brands but, as far as I can tell, he didn't own the brands. Chain Reaction Cycles owns Ragley and they have good products there that people are buying. Why kill the goose that is laying golden eggs?

" ... Richards to set up his Shedfire consultancy firm with designer Matt Booth, developing brands Ragley, Nukeproof and Vitus for Chain Reaction Cycles and Hotlines."

"Working with CRC has been brilliant but Iíve missed the aspect of just being as daft as I want. Being with such a big company didnít really allow me that freedom."

Brant Richards Rejoins On-One To Head Titus Cycles - BikeRadar

Ľ They say you never forget your first love Ė Shedfire and Brant Richards rejoin On-One and head up Titus. Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

I haven't spotted any official statements from CRC on this. Maybe they are still trying to figure out how to keep those brands moving on? The frames that are out of stock do not show as "Discontinued". They still have "Expected in Stock" dates.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Brant's reply from another thread
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Ragley's rocking on, taken care of by the division that have been handling development of Nukeproof at Hotlines. Considering they took forward the DH bike project that I did geometry and "kinematics" for, through to production and a World Cup team, from a plain sheet of paper, I think they'll be OK ;-)
    Titus has a new designer...
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Brant's reply from another thread

Titus has a new designer...

Cool, thanks man. When are the summer seasons with the swap outs coming?