Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New XT

mtbr member

New XT

So the shimano rep brought the new xt stuff coming out.

simply this stuff looks awsome, i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome. they made alot of changes from cranks, derailers, cassetes, brakes etc. i alos noticed the xt wheels are freaking beefy. supposidly their xt is now their all mountain group.

sorry cant explain much, but just thought i post cause i am excited for this stuff which comes out in 2 weeks.

Edit: http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...ano_deore.html

there's all the techy stuff
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    pretty... any idea on costs?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick

simply this stuff looks awsome, i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome. they made alot of changes from cranks, derailers, cassetes, brakes etc. i alos noticed the xt wheels are freaking beefy. supposidly their xt is now their all mountain group.

sorry cant explain much, but just thought i post cause i am excited for this stuff which comes out in 2 weeks.

Sorry to burst your bubble but hone is actually their all-mtn stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    Sorry to burst your bubble but hone is actually their all-mtn stuff
    Sorry to burst both of your bubbles, but some of us have been using XT stuff for DH duty for years.

BTW, the new XT stuff does look good. The cranks look like older style XTRs.
    Last edited by Slack_er; 06-28-2007 at 11:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen angel
    the rep didnt want to tell me...
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen angel
    here in Germany some parts are showing up. The cranks are 169 EUR (the "older" 04-07 ones are about 100-130) and the shifters are 75 EUR

cranks
    http://egle.mediamambo.de/product_in...b4c75661af2de5

shifters
    http://egle.mediamambo.de/product_in...b4c75661af2de5

I am pretty sure these are "intro" prices and will come down as soon as more stores get them...

mtbr member
    Do you guys know when it will be released? I think the new XT rear derailleur is what Ive been looking for especially after my last ride I guess my RD jammed onto a small boulder and bent the cable fixing bolt inward to the main body. It took me a while to figure out why I was having such a hard time tuning the RD. After seeing the new XT its suppose to be narrower and lower profile and less parts sticking out for any chance of damage on tight technical trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    Do you guys know when it will be released? I think the new XT rear derailleur is what Ive been looking for especially after my last ride I guess my RD jammed onto a small boulder and bent the cable fixing bolt inward to the main body. It took me a while to figure out why I was having such a hard time tuning the RD. After seeing the new XT its suppose to be narrower and lower profile and less parts sticking out for any chance of damage on tight technical trails.
    you mean the shadow XT RD (the other RDs are still available "standard" low and high rise).. I am waiting for that one too... most reports said they will be available during July... so we gotta wait a bit still...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    comes out in 2 weeks in america
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

One Gear
    It's about time that they changed the cable mount for the RD. I wish they had come out with this new line sooner. I just changed out all of my shifters, brakes, and drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by .40AET
    It's about time that they changed the cable mount for the RD. I wish they had come out with this new line sooner. I just changed out all of my shifters, brakes, and drivetrain.

but only the shadow one changed (the other 2 have the "classic" loop)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack_er
    Sorry to burst both of your bubbles, but some of us have been using XT stuff for DH duty for years.

BTW, the new XT stuff does look good. The cranks look like older style XTRs.
    I know, xt stuff works PERFECTLY for DH or AM riding. But shimano did'nt actually called their XT series their all-mtn series

-> SickLines.com <-
    The shadow is currently only available in non-raid rise (top normal)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    I know, xt stuff works PERFECTLY for DH or AM riding. But shimano did'nt actually called their XT series their all-mtn series
    they shimano guy said its shimanos all mountain line now
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

moaaar shimz
    All Mountain standard its evolving.... it is even more agressive than the old "AM" standars... we now see 160mm+ bikes (around 180) which can faily climb and blast down..

IMHO

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick

boring !!!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    wow....had to copy sram with cable routing
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Awesome! Can't wait for the shadow-SRAM-knockoff-derailleur , my old one is already falling apart...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Not quite, shimano made derailers like that back in the day (before mountain stuff), and SRAM borrowed that cable routing from Sachs when they took over, so it's not like SRAM invented it anyway (as with most "sram" innovations).

That's probably why shimano can make it and sell it with nary a problem.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

local trails rider
    Cranks:
    I am in love with the look of HT2 LX cranks...

mtbr member
    Anybody see a weight on the '08 XT Crank??? Wander how it compares with the '07 (860grams)??? I will be replacing my crank soon and was holding out for the 08 XT... but now that I hear that it will be more of a All Mountain Crank, may be beefy/heavier.... I'm more of a Cross Country guy, that really does'nt need the extra beef (or weight)..... I Know i'm in the wrong thread, but i just saw the clammer about the XT stuff, so that's why I peeked in. Thanks.

mtbr member
    boring !!!!
    quite interesting, imo
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

mtbr member

850g

Incredulous bastard
    Yes! Exactly!

Except, not really at all. SRAM simply routes the the cable around a guide, quite like a Rollamajig without the roller. If you look closely at the Shadow, you may notice that the clamping mechanism is in the rear of the derailleur, not the side like on the SRAM derailleurs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by no one in particular
    Yes! Exactly!

Except, not really at all. SRAM simply routes the the cable around a guide, quite like a Rollamajig without the roller. If you look closely at the Shadow, you may notice that the clamping mechanism is in the rear of the derailleur, not the side like on the SRAM derailleurs.
    Right. About the only similarity between the Shadow and a Sram is the position of the housing stop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast