Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: New XT

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340

    New XT

    So the shimano rep brought the new xt stuff coming out.

    simply this stuff looks awsome, i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome. they made alot of changes from cranks, derailers, cassetes, brakes etc. i alos noticed the xt wheels are freaking beefy. supposidly their xt is now their all mountain group.

    sorry cant explain much, but just thought i post cause i am excited for this stuff which comes out in 2 weeks.

    Edit: http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...ano_deore.html

    there's all the techy stuff
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    91
    pretty... any idea on costs?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick
    So the shimano rep brought the new xt stuff coming out.

    simply this stuff looks awsome, i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome. they made alot of changes from cranks, derailers, cassetes, brakes etc. i alos noticed the xt wheels are freaking beefy. supposidly their xt is now their all mountain group.

    sorry cant explain much, but just thought i post cause i am excited for this stuff which comes out in 2 weeks.

    Edit: http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...ano_deore.html

    there's all the techy stuff
    Sorry to burst your bubble but hone is actually their all-mtn stuff

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slack_er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    Sorry to burst your bubble but hone is actually their all-mtn stuff
    Sorry to burst both of your bubbles, but some of us have been using XT stuff for DH duty for years.


    BTW, the new XT stuff does look good. The cranks look like older style XTRs.
    Last edited by Slack_er; 06-28-2007 at 11:25 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen angel
    pretty... any idea on costs?
    the rep didnt want to tell me...
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  6. #6
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen angel
    pretty... any idea on costs?
    here in Germany some parts are showing up. The cranks are 169 EUR (the "older" 04-07 ones are about 100-130) and the shifters are 75 EUR

    cranks
    http://egle.mediamambo.de/product_in...b4c75661af2de5

    shifters
    http://egle.mediamambo.de/product_in...b4c75661af2de5

    I am pretty sure these are "intro" prices and will come down as soon as more stores get them...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirthugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    311
    Do you guys know when it will be released? I think the new XT rear derailleur is what Ive been looking for especially after my last ride I guess my RD jammed onto a small boulder and bent the cable fixing bolt inward to the main body. It took me a while to figure out why I was having such a hard time tuning the RD. After seeing the new XT its suppose to be narrower and lower profile and less parts sticking out for any chance of damage on tight technical trails.

  8. #8
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    Do you guys know when it will be released? I think the new XT rear derailleur is what Ive been looking for especially after my last ride I guess my RD jammed onto a small boulder and bent the cable fixing bolt inward to the main body. It took me a while to figure out why I was having such a hard time tuning the RD. After seeing the new XT its suppose to be narrower and lower profile and less parts sticking out for any chance of damage on tight technical trails.
    you mean the shadow XT RD (the other RDs are still available "standard" low and high rise).. I am waiting for that one too... most reports said they will be available during July... so we gotta wait a bit still...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    Do you guys know when it will be released? I think the new XT rear derailleur is what Ive been looking for especially after my last ride I guess my RD jammed onto a small boulder and bent the cable fixing bolt inward to the main body. It took me a while to figure out why I was having such a hard time tuning the RD. After seeing the new XT its suppose to be narrower and lower profile and less parts sticking out for any chance of damage on tight technical trails.
    comes out in 2 weeks in america
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  10. #10
    One Gear
    Reputation: .40AET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,062
    It's about time that they changed the cable mount for the RD. I wish they had come out with this new line sooner. I just changed out all of my shifters, brakes, and drivetrain.

  11. #11
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET
    It's about time that they changed the cable mount for the RD. I wish they had come out with this new line sooner. I just changed out all of my shifters, brakes, and drivetrain.

    but only the shadow one changed (the other 2 have the "classic" loop)

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack_er
    Sorry to burst both of your bubbles, but some of us have been using XT stuff for DH duty for years.


    BTW, the new XT stuff does look good. The cranks look like older style XTRs.
    I know, xt stuff works PERFECTLY for DH or AM riding. But shimano did'nt actually called their XT series their all-mtn series

  13. #13
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    The shadow is currently only available in non-raid rise (top normal)

    .

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    I know, xt stuff works PERFECTLY for DH or AM riding. But shimano did'nt actually called their XT series their all-mtn series
    they shimano guy said its shimanos all mountain line now
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  15. #15
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,106
    All Mountain standard its evolving.... it is even more agressive than the old "AM" standars... we now see 160mm+ bikes (around 180) which can faily climb and blast down..





    IMHO

  16. #16
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,767
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick
    So the shimano rep brought the new xt stuff coming out.

    simply this stuff looks awsome, i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome. they made alot of changes from cranks, derailers, cassetes, brakes etc. i alos noticed the xt wheels are freaking beefy. supposidly their xt is now their all mountain group.

    sorry cant explain much, but just thought i post cause i am excited for this stuff which comes out in 2 weeks.

    Edit: http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...ano_deore.html

    there's all the techy stuff
    boring !!!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  17. #17
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,767
    wow....had to copy sram with cable routing
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    142
    Awesome! Can't wait for the shadow-SRAM-knockoff-derailleur , my old one is already falling apart...

  19. #19
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,383
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    wow....had to copy sram with cable routing
    Not quite, shimano made derailers like that back in the day (before mountain stuff), and SRAM borrowed that cable routing from Sachs when they took over, so it's not like SRAM invented it anyway (as with most "sram" innovations).

    That's probably why shimano can make it and sell it with nary a problem.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  20. #20
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,228
    Cranks:
    I am in love with the look of HT2 LX cranks...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    101
    Anybody see a weight on the '08 XT Crank??? Wander how it compares with the '07 (860grams)??? I will be replacing my crank soon and was holding out for the 08 XT... but now that I hear that it will be more of a All Mountain Crank, may be beefy/heavier.... I'm more of a Cross Country guy, that really does'nt need the extra beef (or weight)..... I Know i'm in the wrong thread, but i just saw the clammer about the XT stuff, so that's why I peeked in. Thanks.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    boring !!!!
    quite interesting, imo
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slack_er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    223


    850g

  24. #24
    Incredulous bastard
    Reputation: no one in particular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    wow....had to copy sram with cable routing
    Yes! Exactly!

    Except, not really at all. SRAM simply routes the the cable around a guide, quite like a Rollamajig without the roller. If you look closely at the Shadow, you may notice that the clamping mechanism is in the rear of the derailleur, not the side like on the SRAM derailleurs.
    __________________

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by no one in particular
    Yes! Exactly!

    Except, not really at all. SRAM simply routes the the cable around a guide, quite like a Rollamajig without the roller. If you look closely at the Shadow, you may notice that the clamping mechanism is in the rear of the derailleur, not the side like on the SRAM derailleurs.
    Right. About the only similarity between the Shadow and a Sram is the position of the housing stop.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirthugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    311
    I guess its already out.......
    Beyondbikes.com have the Shadow for $109. Do you guys think the price will stay at this range or should I wait until more retailers start carrying the product?

  27. #27
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    I guess its already out.......
    Beyondbikes.com have the Shadow for $109. Do you guys think the price will stay at this range or should I wait until more retailers start carrying the product?

    I'm sure they actually have it in stock ready to ship
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Right. About the only similarity between the Shadow and a Sram is the position of the housing stop.
    And there is an extra pivot on the shadow rd (which looks an old suntour design).

  29. #29
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    i don't think they're in stock yet... sounds like pre/backorders to me...

  30. #30
    Team Captain
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,326
    New XT isn't available through any distributors yet, so I doubt the public can get it if bike shops can't....

  31. #31
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    as I posted above..some parts are available around here..but not the "complete gruppo" yet...

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Like Scary Jerry said, none of the US distributers seem to have anything at all.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    142
    $109?? That's gotta be an XTR hanger, right?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirthugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    311
    You guys are right, contacted the beyondbikes and they said should be this July but Shimano is always late on their release.
    http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/Items....CM%2DDER%2DRER

    Trialsrookie... i guess if your comparing XTR price your right. Hey that will be my sales pitch to congress (ummm i mean my wife)

  35. #35
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    Quote Originally Posted by trialsrookie
    $109?? That's gotta be an XTR hanger, right?
    I think 109 is very steep... considering I paid 30 EUR 761 XT ... that would make it almost 3 times as expensive..auch... but Shimano stuff tends to be cheaper on this side of the pond...so who knows...

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick
    i havent irdden but the shimano rep said this stuff if awsome.
    really...the shimano rep said the new xt stuff is "awesome". Well then I would buy all xt everything and never consider another brand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •