mtbr member
    Mar 2012

New to this : Witch one Should I pick? 2009 Gary Fisher Cobia OR 2006 Jamis Exile

I have two bikes in mind i would like to buy(used). Id love to see what others have to say about them and witch one i should pick. Both bikes are the right size for me so size is not a issue. I am not looking to do crazy jumps or anything, just local trails. Both bikes have great reviews so idk which to pick! Also, what price should i neg with the dealer.

Plz give advice thinking that the bikes are in good shape.

Mountain Bike-2009 Gary Fisher Cobia Single Speed

Jamis Exile, 26" Wheels, 21" Steel Frame, Single Speed

(the jamis is still for sale, i contacted seller, the link is messed up.)

here is what it said:
    Just bought a new bike and now have 5 so I'm selling my Jamis Exile 26" Single Speed. Steel frame, suspension lockout, Single Speed, Large 21" frame size. The front brake is a Hayes hydraulic disc brake. I swapped the rear brake for a mechanical disc because the hayes was acting up. I can give you the hayes if you want to try and rebuild the master cylinder. Bike is a few years old with normal wear and tear but works great. Let me know if you have any questions. $500 Cash OBO.
    Last edited by FirstRider1212; 06-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'd steer clear of buying a second-hand converted bike... Just my two cents. Given that the Jamis post has been deleted and probably sold, I'd keep looking.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Why would u stay clear of the covered bike?

BTW the jamis is still available! the post is just messed up, contacted the ownerer

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Well, the front shock has been rebuilt (so they say by rockshox). Also, converting that to ss took some money off the bike by losing the drivetrain. You can easily go and buy something new for $650 thats better spec'd and not spent 4 years under possible abuse. BUT that's just my opinion so don't take offense. I've made my purchasing mistakes on CL when it comes to bikes. The only time I'll buy off CL now is if the deal is insanely good. Maybe if you could talk him down considerably... say $400

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you were set on one of these, the Jamis sounds like the better deal..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by velveteer View Post
    If you were set on one of these, the Jamis sounds like the better deal..
    Great advice! Thanks.
    The jamis said he would do 345$

How does the jamie components look compare to the GF

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm not too familiar with SS, so I cant really say how the components stack up. Been thinking that my next bike will be SS though..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by velveteer View Post
    I'm not too familiar with SS, so I cant really say how the components stack up. Been thinking that my next bike will be SS though..
    Ya ive hard they are fun! gotta see for my self
    Also, what was your experience with the bad buy off Cl.