Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New URGE ALL-M Helmet

Does anyone have more information on the new URGE ALL-M Helmet? It seems as if it was released October 1st but I can't find it for sale anywhere on the planet as yet.

Raced an Enduro this past weekend, crashed and want to replace my trusty Xen with this one. Any info will suffice,

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New URGE ALL-M Helmet-urge-all-m.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Urge has been teasing this one for two years now.

mtbr member
    Reported that it will not be available in the US -

AM Helmets

mtbr member
    boo!

I was really looking forward to that helmet.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    I saw yesterday on CRC UK that they will ship the item for free to the US. After I duggg a little deeper the site responded with an "Item discontinued". I have mailed URGE and CRC, will report back once a response was received. here's the link: Urge All-Mountain Helmet 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I really like URGE products (especially the Endur-O-Matic) but due to the fact that the design is more protection oriented rather than ventilated, this one will not work for me. Sun = Heat = Helmet with sufficient ventilation.

I can always go back to Giro as my Xen did save me from a trip to the Emergency Room, but change is such a nice thing...

mtbr member
    Urge told me in August they will be is shops at the end of October beginning of November

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Reported that it will not be available in the US -

AM Helmets
    Sh#t man, any idea where that info was from?? Can perhaps contact the OP on your link thanks for that. Are European standards that far behind US standards when it comes to Helmet safety? I have to admit this causes a doubt as I do not want to Risk my head at any cost...

think
    Jul 2008
    If I have all my facts straight (never know, haha) the US test is a poor test that doesn't accurately reflect how the helmet is most likely to be impacted. I wouldn't be concerned at all wearing a helmet that met European standards and not US. Because the helmet is having trouble meeting said stupid test I was told we may never see in the US.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    Urge told me in August they will be is shops at the end of October beginning of November
    I can second the post above as I received a response from URGE, Jenson and CRC.

URGE: End of the month start November
    Jenson: Sometime Mid November
    CRC: Item has been discontinued (I had to reply to this as I couldn't get how an un-launched product could already be discontinued) hahaha

I can wait a month or two using a historic Giro Havoc. I believe the ALL-M is going to be great!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Not sure why, but that is a damn fine looking helmet.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5

mtbr member
    For what it is worth, the Urge distributor in New Zealand has informed me that they will be arriving in country by the end of the month and will cost $229 (including GST).

If anyone is wanting any in the US, I am happy to buy here and ship to you (at your expense, of course).

b a n n e d
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Many sites are now taking pre-orders so it's got to be close.

I just placed my order here in Canada through Mountain Equipment for $135 CND - website said est. delivery is 4-5 weeks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    it looks wicked.
    does anyone know if you can buy it in australia?

Grams Light Bikes
    Hmm, the US Distributor told me in September at Interbike that it would not be sold in the US since it didn't pass the CPSC tests?

I can check again, but I doubt that has changed?

mtbr member
    The enduromatic is lighter than a xen and vents way better than it appears it would. The AM helmet looks a little too vented to me. Maybe that's why it didn't pass tests ?

mtbr member
    Mine is in the mail from UK

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i have a dirt jump helmet but i can't use it with my oakley radar. The glasses catch the helmet behind my ears.

Does this helmet have this issue?

mtbr member
    I use the EndurOmatic since January and it was the first helmet that don't have issues with my glasses, and I use the Radar also, and that disturb me with my previous helmet that was a Xen.
    I like the Urge helmets because they don't have fit system, the Gangsta pad that is great and is different from everybody else (not many use Urge here), the AllM is for spring/summer rides, the EndurOmatic surprises me for being cool for such few holes but the Venturi Effect is really effective, but for hot days the AllM is better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    For what it is worth, the Urge distributor in New Zealand has informed me that they will be arriving in country by the end of the month and will cost $229 (including GST).

If anyone is wanting any in the US, I am happy to buy here and ship to you (at your expense, of course).

Still looks kind of frail and,well, not much of a helmet. Is this more for style? I use a Bell full face. I like my teeth. Plenty of venting , as long as you're moving. Way more protection.

DR

mtbr member
    I seem to remember a cooler looking version at the 2011 Interbike.

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Soon

Mine is in the mail. Tried it at MEC but had to order it online as they did not have the color I wanted. Super light and stylish. The S/M fits perfect. Can't wait to rock it.
    OK juste realized I replied ot the last post, should have been the thread. Sorry.

mtbr member
    Yup, got mine in the mail from MEC last week - really like how it fits my head.

Pinkbike did an article on it as well: Tested: Urge All-M Helmet - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I also picked mine up from MEC during the Christmas holidays for a 150 bucks inc taxes. Sweet fit and probablz the coolest looking helmet ever.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Got mine

New URGE ALL-M Helmet-img_2947.jpg
    At MEC.ca

Love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast