Torras
    Dec 2010

Bonking ... not feelin' well New suspension on my RM SXC50

Hi guys,

Looking for a new fork for my 2007 RM SXC50.

Home setup is Fox 36 but this is way beyond my budget. I was thinking on new Marz 55 RV, but really like the lock on when the going gets tough, climbing in Sintra...Portugal.
    Have a very god deal on a used 2009 Marz 66 ata, but I'm afraid that the 180 mm travel could affect geometry and stability.

Does any of you guys ride SXC with 66????

Can you help please?

mtbr member
    I had an SXC and would say 180 is probably too much, if you want to climb with it

I built mine originally with a Marz 55 and wasn't very impressed, eventually switching to a Fox 36 when i found a good deal on one. If you cant afford this seasons look for a deal on an older one or second hand or possibly a lyrik.

also try the RM forum

Torras
    Dec 2010
    Thanks. Will do that....
    Regards

think
    Jul 2008
    If no money for a 36 or lyrik, you could consider X fusion. A touch taller for the same 160mm of travel but cheaper and still a nice fork.

If no money for an Xfusion, a Rock Shox Domain would work. I'd probably rather run a Domain than a 55.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by bad news
    If no money for a 36 or lyrik, you could consider X fusion. A touch taller for the same 160mm of travel but cheaper and still a nice fork.

If no money for an Xfusion, a Rock Shox Domain would work. I'd probably rather run a Domain than a 55.
    x fusion vengance is just about as tall as a 66. people e hate but 2010 and 2011 55's are nice. domains are nice too though.

What?
    66 ata has travel adjust doesnt it? 140-180

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    x fusion vengance is just about as tall as a 66. people e hate but 2010 and 2011 55's are nice. domains are nice too though.
    It's not e-hate, it's irl hate. My only experience is with the 55 RV, not the higher models. It's a pound heavier than a 36 or Lyrik, the damping is not as good, and they seem to be prone to clunks and rattles. For all I know the high end versions are totally superior, but if I was going to pay Fox 36 money for a fork...I'd buy a Fox 36.

usually cranky
    It's not e-hate, it's irl hate. My only experience is with the 55 RV, not the higher models. It's a pound heavier than a 36 or Lyrik, the damping is not as good, and they seem to be prone to clunks and rattles. For all I know the high end versions are totally superior, but if I was going to pay Fox 36 money for a fork...I'd buy a Fox 36.
    wasnt calling you out, just commenting on the general marzocchi phobia here. but i agree if i was gonna put down 36 money id buy a 36. but id never put down 36 money.

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    wasnt calling you out, just commenting on the general marzocchi phobia here. but i agree if i was gonna put down 36 money id buy a 36. but id never put down 36 money.
    That's because you haven't spent enough time on one yet, haha. Now I'm thinking about buying a second one.

usually cranky
    That's because you haven't spent enough time on one yet, haha. Now I'm thinking about buying a second one.
    maybe, but id rather grab a lyrik on chainlove when it pops up. or a 55 rc3 ti.