mtbr member

New Stem Question

I am looking to replace my handlebars and stem on my redemption 2. Want stems and lengths you guys running. I was thinking of picking up Sunline's V-one AM stem and running it with Easton Monkey Lite DH bars.

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    I run a 70mm stem with high rise bars on my all mountain bike. A 90mm stem and low rise on my XCish trail bike. I like my bikes on the tight side, I do not like to be stretched out.

Only you will know how you like your bike set up, so it's hard for anyone to tell you what size to buy. Your Redemption is an all mountain bike, so you will want to stay around 70mm + or - 10mm.

I personally don't like the Sunline stems.They look nice but I had one bolt strip out (might have been my fault). There is too much of a gap left at the bars clamp with the Sunline. You can't go wrong with Thompson, there is very little gap left once tight. To me this mean quality tolerances and strength.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    I run a 70mm stem with high rise bars on my all mountain bike. A 90mm stem and low rise on my XCish trail bike. I like my bikes on the tight side, I do not like to be stretched out.

Only you will know how you like your bike set up, so it's hard for anyone to tell you what size to buy. Your Redemption is an all mountain bike, so you will want to stay around 70mm + or - 10mm.

I personally don't like the Sunline stems.They look nice but I had one bolt strip out (might have been my fault). There is too much of a gap left at the bars clamp with the Sunline. You can't go wrong with Thompson, there is very little gap left once tight. To me this mean quality tolerances and strength.
    Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    I like my sunline stem. Have never had an issue with it. It states the torque specs right on the front of the stem i used them and have never had a issue with stripping or my bars moving around.

Members who have read this thread: 0