mtbr member
    Apr 2013

New Rockshox fork for my 2013 giant revel 1

hey im new to this forum. i have a quick question. by any chance you guys know the measure of the steerer of my suntour xcm v3. im not sure if it is 1 1/8 or taperer. im planing to get a rockshox reba . what you guys think. also im plannig to upgrade the brake with avid elixir 7. what else i can do to make better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I have heard that suntour is running some kind of upgrade deal that is really good. I think theres a thread in the 'beginners' section. You may want to check that out. I personally would steer clear of Avid elixirs, as they are (from my experience) consistently troublesome and noisy. They may be better now but if you really want to upgrade go for shimano. Hope this helps, ride on!

Edit: I found the thread, here is the link: If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

I highly recommend you check it out!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by elnelsi23 View Post
    hey im new to this forum. i have a quick question. by any chance you guys know the measure of the steerer of my suntour xcm v3. im not sure if it is 1 1/8 or taperer. im planing to get a rockshox reba . what you guys think. also im plannig to upgrade the brake with avid elixir 7. what else i can do to make better.
    it is 1 1/8 for sure,also make the drop out size is 9mm or else you need new wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thank you guys. I ended up buying the reba 2013 rlt 1 1/8 and 9x100 qr. I hope i could feel the difference between forks. I was talking to some pro guys at the trail I go to and they told me to upgrade the crankset 1x10. That this was a better improvement overall weight and performance. Im not really gonna get crazy about all this udgrades. Im just going to wait for the components to break and then replace them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by elnelsi23 View Post
    Thank you guys. I ended up buying the reba 2013 rlt 1 1/8 and 9x100 qr. I hope i could feel the difference between forks. I was talking to some pro guys at the trail I go to and they told me to upgrade the crankset 1x10. That this was a better improvement overall weight and performance. Im not really gonna get crazy about all this udgrades. Im just going to wait for the components to break and then replace them.
    Good to hear! I am glad you're not falling prey to the upgrade bug like some of the guys around here have.

mtbr member
    I don't have an upgrade bug i just tend to break things a lot :-)

I wouldn't go 1x10 I set my trance up with a 2x10 (9 in my case) and i love it. Toss a bash guard on where that third chainring was and you're golden.

Enjoy the bike!!