Thread: new mtb

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

new mtb

I am in the market to purchase a new MTB.. I have it narrowed to a full XTR motobecane hardtail, or a cannondale F2. I won't be doing heavy duty off road, yet I want a bike to last. It also needs to be light weight, and a hardtail. How do you all vote out there?? less than 2000 dollars is my limit.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    you should be able to at least test ride the cannondale before you buy it, but if you know what geometry #'s you like then you can save some money with the motobecane, I do know cannondale is a very repectable company, that will take care of you, especially if you buy through an LBS.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I guess the biggest thing is the fact that the F2 I want is a 2 hour drive to sacramento and the moto can get delivered. There actually isn't much of a price difference, after california taxes and gas to drive there.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Well it might be worth it to go through the LBS in that case, that way if you have any problems, they can back you up. Have you tried calling the bike shop to see if they will ship the bike too you, I bet they will.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nobody will ship cannondales. They want them personally picked up. The one in sac is a 2008 for 1499 + tax I can order a 2009 for 1800 + tax here local. The full xtr moto is 1799. Which would be the best for my dollar in anyone's opinion