Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Giant Trance X

Looks like Giant released the bike before releasing any true info/specs on the bike. It is however supposed to be a 5" travel bike (finally ) and will run the standard shock mounting and not fit the shock into a cage/basket anymore. I'd guess the bike is weighing in around 29-30lbs with the XT group. Full Cycles already has a few in stock and took some pictures for their site... I don't know about you guys, but i love the look of it. The HT/DT curve reminds me of the new 6point bikes except it doesn't have round tubes, but looks to be hydroformed

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Looking real good!

Motion activated
    Nice! Maestro owns
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Purdy!

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Nice! Maestro owns
    Word.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Nice! Maestro owns
    sure does... now i really don't know what to get... i hope they start selling frames soon. I'm looking to downsize from my reign to a MKIII or maybe now a trance x

I AM I AM
    I don't know, still prefer the caged d esign myself. Although I'm sure I could get used to it - it's a Trance after all!
    Would be easier to clean after all.

Thanks Tkblazer, great to finally see a photo of it in the flesh.

mtbr member
    The pictures aren't working for me.
    Plus, it seems Full Cycles took the pictures down, maybe Giant found out about the "preview" pictures they had...
    2007 Giant Trance 2

I AM I AM
    I figured they might catch on, so here you go...

I think we can now consider ourselves pretty lucky for the real life preview

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    sure does... now i really don't know what to get... i hope they start selling frames soon. I'm looking to downsize from my reign to a MKIII or maybe now a trance x
    Well now you have a choice, so you can drag out & over analyze the whole process.

It's a shame you'll be giving up that baby blue beauty.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Thanks!
    When I saw the first prototype pictures I hated it, but this is actually growing on me.
    The 1.75 lb weight saving sure would be a nice thing. I'll see if the dealer I bought my 07 Trance 2 from has any Trance X's or redesigned Trances on the floor, when I take it in for service sometime in the next few months. If I like it, I might try and trade-in the T2.
    2007 Giant Trance 2

Master of Baked Goods
    Ick. I liked the look of the original Trance bikes. This design looks disgusting. Just my opinion though.

I AM I AM
    Yeah I won't be giving up my shock basket model, even for an inch more travel. But really if I was in the market for a new bike I would consider it on it's merits, it doesn't look ugly, maybe just a little out of the ordinary but then again you could say that about the caged & pierced versions too.

The top tube design seems like it will be prevalent in '08 - looking at the new kona range.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Should be an excellent bike (I almost, almost bought a Trance last year). But whoo, how could Giant design a 5" travel AM bike that looks like a women's cruiser? All it's missing is a wicker basket up front!

I guess it should be an admirable sign that Giant spends it's $ on R&D instead of graphic design

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    yeah cookie monster i agree it looks nasty!
    I like the old trance!

May contain nuts
    Why? Reign is such a great all-rounder, esp combined with a light XC 2nd bike..

Still a child inside...

fugly

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    how could Giant design a 5" travel AM bike that looks like a women's cruiser? All it's missing is a wicker basket up front!
    Dammit, you're right. You just ruined it for me

Ant

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    Why? Reign is such a great all-rounder, esp combined with a light XC 2nd bike..
    i actually don't have a light xc bike... just my reign that i ride xc with, its a lot of bike for the socal trails i ride.. I've done some epic riding on it for sure, its just a tad overkill... maybe i just need to build a 4-5" bike then

squish is good
    Barf! I really don't like the new frame, something about the head tube...

May contain nuts
    i actually don't have a light xc bike... just my reign that i ride xc with, its a lot of bike for the socal trails i ride.. I've done some epic riding on it for sure, its just a tad overkill... maybe i just need to build a 4-5" bike then
    Hmmm. Did you build your Reign up? Ever ridden it with air shock, lighter fork and wheelset? In that guise there's not much difference with regard to the Trance. I have a 23lb hard tail XC race bike which sometimes lends it's wheelset to the Reign for rough 6 or 12 hour courses. The Reign in it's light guise is 28-29lb and feels quick. Most of the time it's 31lb and still all-day rideable with plenty of climbing. Maybe a weight loss program is all that's needed?

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004

What are you a bunch of girls?

It's a bicycle, if it works great who gives a crap what it looks like. Wow, it doesn't match your purse, get over it.
    "Do not touch the trim"

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    It's a bicycle, if it works great who gives a crap what it looks like. Wow, it doesn't match your purse, get over it.
    Exactly!
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

Master of Baked Goods
    Man that thing DOES look like a women's cruiser! I'm sure it rides nice but that doesn't stop it from being hideous...

I AM I AM
    The more (better) pictures I see the more I like the design .I really think it will be one of those cases that looks better than you thought in real life.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/arti...06365977946951

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast