Hard as nails

New fork for my Trance - help

Need a little help. I am riding a 2012 trance x. I have a120mm fork on it now and love the geometry. With that said I am going to purchase a 2012 manitou marvel 120 or the minute 120. One uses the mars air system and the marvel uses the iso air system. Does anyone have any opinion as to which would better for all mountain aggressive style of riding? Thanks for your input!
    [SIZE="4"]Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
    Henry David Thoreau[/SIZE]

http://vimeo.com/6232260

mtbr member
    there's a recent discussion in the suspension forum about the marvel vs minute: Manitou Marvel Pro or Expert users, STEP INSIDE!

my summary would be that hardly anyone is riding the marvel yet, or if some folks are they are not posting about it. you can email manitou/hayes and ask for their opinion but I believe that the marvel may have some additional platform in the default tune to make it more suited for XC use -- a boatload of high-effort pedaling in and out of the saddle.

there are many, many discussions in that forum about the minute and manitou's ABS+ damper. you can tune the shim stack on the damper to make it do what you want, and so you could start with a marvel and remove some platform, if that's what you would prefer.

Hard as nails
    colinL Thanks for the feedback and the link. I believe I will pick up the Minute.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have a Minute Expert 130 and love it, had it for almost a year now and it's been reliable and never bottomed out or given me any issues so far. the abs+ damper is solid and easily tunable. Waiting for Manitou to release a trail fork (other then the minute pro)(140/150mm)

Hard as nails
    Ricky was are you riding? I'm going with the minute pro 120. I currently have an 06 black platinum IT in my trance x. It has been solid and never have me a problem. It's also a120mm but not tapered. I liked the geometry with the 120 so I did not want the additional travel. Manitous are so easy to work on as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I would go with the Minute since its "Trail tuned" the Marvel is a XC fork probably has a ton of platform damping built into it.