Thread: New Bike time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

New Bike time.

Been a DH guy since I could ride and no we have almost no DH trails, I really wanna keep my Uzzi so I'm planning on adding a 2nd bike.

I've been thinking of the intense Primer Bandit edition, carbon frame and kashima for fork and shock, seems like a very nice steed and the price shows.

Should I just save a few bucks and get like a giant trance or something, I've only ever ridden highest end bikes and never tried anything budget friendly.

I've even been searching for an intense spider 275a with little luck

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Nice bike, it's in the wrong country.

Intense just released the spider aluminum again, $2300 USD

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Before I bought my new bike, I looked at the Intense Spider and the Giant Trance 2. Eventually settled on the Trance as the components and value canít be beat. And to be honest, I am really enjoying the bike. People often overlook Giant for numerous reasons. But their bikes are solid, and fun to ride. If youíre trying to save a few bucks, th Trance is definitely the way to go, but if not, then Intense has some great bikes in their stable. So the way I see it, is whatís your wallet telling you?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I have too many hobbies, I'm big into diesel trucks as well, I've been wanting some forged wheels for a while which would cost more than the giant and just less than the intense.

I'm worried a bike like Giant, Norco, Trek, won't ride or feel like the Intense. The expensive bikes have gotten more competitive, Intense and Yeti for ex are only $1500 more than a comparable Giant vs a few years ago they were close to 3k more.

The Primer is 1500 more, has a carbon frame and better shocks. All other components are very comparable. I checked out a speicialzed 130mm travel bike in carbon frame and it was only $400 less than Intense.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by adam74 View Post
    I have too many hobbies, I'm big into diesel trucks as well, I've been wanting some forged wheels for a while which would cost more than the giant and just less than the intense.

I'm worried a bike like Giant, Norco, Trek, won't ride or feel like the Intense. The expensive bikes have gotten more competitive, Intense and Yeti for ex are only $1500 more than a comparable Giant vs a few years ago they were close to 3k more.

The Primer is 1500 more, has a carbon frame and better shocks. All other components are very comparable. I checked out a speicialzed 130mm travel bike in carbon frame and it was only $400 less than Intense.

You sound like you have love for Intense, they just dropped prices a ton overall so if that's what you've always wanted, now's the time. Me personally I'm in love with dw-link bikes so I'd go with something comparable from Pivot, Ibis, DeVinci or maybe something like a Norco or Evil. The new bikes have come a LONG way and the market has gotten so stacked that I don't think any of the "high-end" brands of 5 years ago really have much on alot of the competition.