mtbr member
    Feb 2018

new bike from shred bicycles

hi friends
    there is not a lot of info about their new bike.
    it goes by the name of ITNAS+
    it looks really solid , and it comes in 26" for kids

and 27.5 or 29 wheels for all others

just want to know your opinion with all this bikes around
    and so many bikes companies

am I just loving it because it's new , or is it more then
    a very good look to it ?

cheers ,
    rotem
    owner of Loki MTB bike distro company from Israel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new bike from shred bicycles-27332179_2060351484245066_4028980321445367839_n.jpg  

Short-Change-Hero
    Web link for the company/bike?

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki MTB View Post
    hi friends
    there is not a lot of info about their new bike.
    it goes by the name of ITNAS+
    it looks really solid , and it comes in 26" for kids

and 27.5 or 29 wheels for all others

just want to know your opinion with all this bikes around
    and so many bikes companies

am I just loving it because it's new , or is it more then
    a very good look to it ?

cheers ,
    rotem
    owner of Loki MTB bike distro company from Israel
    It looks great, as you know, and a horst link is a proven design (now that specialized doesn't own it exclusively). So tell us what makes your implementation special! Progressive geometry? An outstanding warranty? A novel buying experience? A better shock tune? Designed around coil? Made entirely out of elves?
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Elitest thrill junkie
    Does it pedal like a wet mattress?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Web link for the company/bike?
    Enduro Frame P9 - Shenzhen ICAN Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    It looks great, as you know, and a horst link is a proven design (now that specialized doesn't own it exclusively). So tell us what makes your implementation special! Progressive geometry? An outstanding warranty? A novel buying experience? A better shock tune? Designed around coil? Made entirely out of elves?
    Typical FSR properties:
    - steeply falling AS curve. Will pedal significantly softer than single pivot, and a lot softer than old VPP (e.g. Intense short travel models)
    - low initial brake-squat, which increases slightly. Slightly steeper geo (and more endo-prone) under braking, but keeps travel riding higher in softer portion of stroke. Might be preferable to riders that like to nose pivot around turns, rather than slide.
    - guesstimating that it has a moderately heavy progressive leverage curve (e.g. 2.95 to 2.50)

new bike from shred bicycles-1-1f31614433hp.jpg

Overall old school. Seems inspired by an old Norco Sight, with lower AS and higher AR (brake squat) and ground hugging long chainstays.
    We're all on the same ship, and it's sinking.

because GIANT
    nothing special here. this is factory stock frame design same as evolve bikes

here is where you can get the same bike made for 'insert bike company here'

Enduro Frame P9 - Shenzhen ICAN Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Typical FSR properties:
    You're no fun at all. Of course it's probably a catalog frame, but let's let the vendor represent their choices...!?
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    i agree it looks like the Ican enduro frame , and after speaking with the company
    i found out they sell only frame + shock. so i guess not a good deal ha ?

Short-Change-Hero
    That really depends on what the MOQ is and how much the price is at that MOQ. Purchasing a single frame/shock from them for $1500, nah not a good deal. Purchasing same item from them for less than $1000, ok now you have my attention.

because GIANT
    those that know the numbers

what would this bike be best at ?

what would this bike suck most at ?
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

Chassis stiffness tuning matters a lot. Never met someone on a no name chinese bike, who wasn't completely disconnected from the community, who didn't lust for high end brand names; these high end brands are known for quality and attention to detail, and have decades of refinement behind them, and actually have people with strong reputation behind them. Can in no way predict the ride experience quality accurately for this frame by just looking at it. For other brands, you can predict them to a fair degree if you have had time on their other recent similar products and extrapolated.

Looking at the build shown above, I'm stumped. Wheels are a big deal in ride experience. Also, I'm kind of curious as to what that long saddle's make/model is. I wouldn't get it. Doesn't seem to be a versatile build--seems like I might try it in east coast US highlands (raw mountainous terrain, with rocks rounded by weather), and prefer another bike for most other conditions.

Based on the #s, can't really think of it being good at anything. 24.6 BB drop seems to correlate to a ~330 BB height with modern 2.3 tires, which is very pedal strike prone for a 150mm FSR bike with low AS and progressive leverage. Even on a bike with higher AS, higher chain growth, linear spring and a leverage curve that's more linear or initially regressive, it's still low. That's like 120mm DW-link bike BB height. Chainring strikes will be more common due to the long CS, such as going over anything over 7" tall, that can fit between the front and rear wheels (e.g. logs, tall and skinny rocks, a large step and platform on a climb). You'd need to rely heavily on bump-hopping/bunnyhopping to make up for it, which the progressive spring curve helps with. Progressive spring helps to lift the ground hugging long CS off the ground. Saying this bike is similar to any well known bike would be an insult to the other bike.

TL;DR: Bike would be best at giving a crash course in what happens when you combine low BB and long CS, with FSR (the Spec Enduro 275 had a 352mm BB and 422mm CS). Doubt it can pull it off like the Ripley did.

Such most at providing customer satisfaction?

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

Varaxis hit the big points. I'd be most concerned about the length of the front compared to the length of the rear. Looks like a bike that really needs to be ridden 'off the back,' or really passively. That's hard to hide with suspension trickery, and runs contrary to the rising rate linkage varaxis hopes it has. Tricky to feel confident on lippy jumps with that.

Without knowing how the suspension functions we can't really know what it handles like. It has some odd numbers and that makes me worry it was designed to hit design goals rather than ride awesome.

I'd like to ride it anyway- i learn more from riding bikes that are flawed than i do from different versions of awesome. If it's awesome then it's achieving it in an unconventional manner, and that's interesting too. There are infinite designs that are confusingly good when used in a certain way, and rubbish otherwise.

All that said, this looks like a bike where you park your ass on the saddle and don't move or pedal. Beginner enduro frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Chassis stiffness tuning matters a lot.
    As i've mentioned on this site a billion times, i'm huge. I don't really agree with you here; i haven't ridden or owned a FS frame that was annoyingly unstiff for its intended use in quite a while. Forks/wheels, hell yes. Poor shock tune, OMG yes. Frames tend to all be stiff enough until you're asking about durability, at least in the last 5 years or so of non-garbage stuff.

Frame stiffness is mostly a personality thing now, it seems. Maybe i need to ride harder.
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Elitest thrill junkie
    Meh, the stiffer an FS bike is the better, no one is designing lateral flex in hardtails and pivots between axles cause an FS bike to be significantly less stiff. This causes binding, less bump absorption, less steering precision, less power transfer, etc. A few manufacturers have prioritized stuff frames, but not nearly enough and most major manufacturers don't go far enough.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Trail Ninja
    Chassis stiffness is a part of the personality. So is susp tune and geo (and rider position).

I like a chassis stiffness tune that gets along with the other parts.
    - I don't want a super stiff frame making a set of wheels or fork feel flexy, nor one that makes the ride feel harsh. I shouldn't feel a need to add heavier dutier parts, perhaps ending up with the same spec as an AM/enduro bike, despite it being a short travel bike.
    - I don't want a flexy frame where upgrading to a 36 from a 34 is the last thing I'm thinking of. I shouldn't feel a need to weight weenie it up, with fancy carbon parts, because it feels sluggish and lazy.

I want a frame that satisfies me and leaves me wanting nothing. It should feel perfect from the start for the purpose it's set out to do. It's tuned for the base spec it started with, and should feel worse if I change the build.

All bikes have a personality. Some feel like they want to be in another place*, while others just seem like your typical mountain bike. That mountain bike feel is something I can live with for years; something that doesn't do anything bad, but feels relatively refined. The bike can influence you greatly, regarding your riding habits. *one can egg you on to go at a race pace, another rather not be climbing and anticipates the next descent, while another is hungry for big hits since the current route is too tame and has you looking for rock croppings that could be rideable...