Thread: New bike advice

mtbr member

New bike advice

I've searched all the forums looking for the perfect AM bike. While I'm sure the "perfect bike" doesn't exist I've limited my choices to the following three cantidates. Anyone want to add a little input? Has anyone even ridden the 2:1 FXR yet? Thanks,

Kevin

Yeti 575: Seems to be well liked bike most owners. Plenty of positive feedback in the review section too. However, the hole in the frame is a turn-off in the looks department. Bondo anyone?

Blur LT: Again, good feedback. Lots of complaints about linkage bearings and noise though. Looks like a bike should.

Foes 2:1 FXR: Not too much info out there yet. Seems like it's the best choice if drops are in my future. Can be built "light" but no where near the other two. Looks great.

Got Ventana
    I have just gone through the same thing. Was ready to order a 575 but was a little bit concerned about the carbon pivots. Had thought about the blur but the same complaints put me off a bit too. Was really keen to try a 2:1 but here in Australia couldn't find one to demo.

Then looked at the Ventanas, ended up ordering a X5 frame with the 5-6" adjustable rocker. Frame weighs in under 3 kgs, 4-5-6" travel options. One of the stiffest, if not the frame around, excpetional service from ventana and thier local distributor here and also having the option to have the frame built up with semi or complete custom geometry was nice aswell. Really the only downer about buying a ventana was the price.

Just my 2c

Neg reppers r my biatches
    agree with tommy...so now you have 4 cents.

LOTS of great bikes, period, each with subtle or not so subtle pros and cons compared to the others. But if you want a top bike from the best company with the best customer service then look no longer...Ventana it is.

With Ventana you get versatility (ie, travel change), stiff as hell chasis, option for custom geometry, etc. Heck, you like the look of the El Saltamontes but want the extra beef associated with the X5? No problem, Sherwood will build you one using X5 tubing....and so on....just not gonna get this with any of their competitors.

Enki loves you
    Demo'ed a 575 in Colorado last year, it felt very sluggish to me and i ride a asr, it could have been the maxxis tyres that were on it though.