Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Bike!!!

mtbr member

New Bike!!!

Such a tease. All the parts aren't here yet. Here's a little taste.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    balance?

mtbr member
    Yep. And it came with an 08 DHX which was a nice surprise.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have a Nomad but I gotta tell ya I think the Canfield bikes are Super Sweet.
    Congrats on your new ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

nice choice

I have the same frame with the steel front triangle. My brother in law got the aluminum. You are going to love this bike. What fork choice did you go with?

mtbr member
    I went with an 07 Marz All Mountain 1 SL. I'm reading now that some people have had some problems with the fork. But that seems to be common with most forks. Hopefully I don't have that problem.

I looked at bikes for probably months before I decided to go with Canfield Bros. This frame seemed to fit most if not all of my geo. criteria, and I love the look of it. Can't wait to get it built up.

mtbr member
    Just assembled the frame tonight. Slightly blurry photos due to the long day(everyday). Maybe the 2008 DHX is a little lighter than the 2007.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

nice color choice

Mine is the same color but about a pound and a half heavier. Excited to see complete build and hear about your riding impressions. I'm stoked for you.

i drink shower water
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynutz
    I went with an 07 Marz All Mountain 1 SL. I'm reading now that some people have had some problems with the fork. But that seems to be common with most forks. Hopefully I don't have that problem.
    people have problems with every fork. you cant trust forums too much.. its like hanging around a hospital all you see is sick people, yet there are millions of healthy people elsewhere.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    people have problems with every fork. you cant trust forums too much.. its like hanging around a hospital all you see is sick people, yet there are millions of healthy people elsewhere.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Lay off the Levers
    Damm that's slick!
    More pix please esp final buildup.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b

Yep that seems to be how it is. How's the saying go? A happy customer tells 1 person, a disgruntled customer tells 3. I think that's it.

Well, the rest of my parts came in yesterday!! Only problem is, I had to send back the rear triangle due to an annoying rattling noise in one of the tubes. And now both the brothers are away from the office so it's going to be a while before I get her all built up...

Oh well, that's life.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was it??

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Have you talked to them about the replacement swingarm?

I can't imagine they will have much use for a swingarm that isn't as hollow as we'd want it to be. I am wondering if you talked to them about building it up and riding as is and getting the new swingarm when they are back at the office. That noise would be a lot less annoying if you knew it was for the short term only.

Went riding with my brother in law last night and snapped this shot to share. Most beautiful car ever and it doesn't matter what the car is, is the accessories that make it so....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was it??
    It's all on their website here

I spoke with them already. Everything is taken care of. Seems to be a great company to deal with so far.

mtbr member
    damn that looks nice

now a tangent
    I have an integra too
    hows that roof rack working for you
    ive been just putting mine in the back because I ride solo
    do you leave it on all the time or take it off when its not needed?

thats right living legend
    It's all on their website here

I spoke with them already. Everything is taken care of. Seems to be a great company to deal with so far.

Isn't there an alumium version? Where is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Isn't there an alumium version? Where is it?
    Yes there is. I bought the AL version. It looks the same and is priced the same.

Yes there is. I bought the AL version. It looks the same and is priced the same.

Wieght? I remember the Canfeild guy's posted it waaay back somewhere, But I don't remember if they new for sure yet at that time.

Sweet on the alminum! I've been eyeing one of those for a while.

mtbr member
    My small all aluminum Balance frame weighed in at 3500g without the shock. My 2007 DHX 5.0 coil weighed in at 796g. Total weight for the frame and shock is 4296g or about 9.46 pounds. I love mine.

OldGloryMTB.com | American Made Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Wieght? I remember the Canfeild guy's posted it waaay back somewhere, But I don't remember if they new for sure yet at that time.

Sweet on the alminum! I've been eyeing one of those for a while.
    Well, if you look back at post #7 you'll see that mine weighs 9.83 lbs. That's a size Large with a new 2008 DHX 5.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

weight and rack

The integra is actually my brother in laws so I am guessing a little here but we have talked about it. The rack itself works awesome, the arm over the front wheel locks and is very solid. He does take it off in winter or if there is a dry spell in riding as there is a lot of wind noise and makes a couple mpg difference at highway speeds but its easy to do. Takes about 10 minutes to take off and a little longer to put on.

My bro in law (Jay) owns the black one and it is aluminum and weighs in around 38 lbs as is. Mine is the grey and is steel and comes in over 39 lbs as you see it. My frame is two pounds difference but I also put more thought into weight savings in most areas than he did. I do have saint cranks compared to his Hones and heavier tires but he is running DH tubes and saddle and a few other crazy heavy parts that I keep trying to convince him to swap out. He could easily shave 2 lbs off his build.

Well, if you look back at post #7 you'll see that mine weighs 9.83 lbs. That's a size Large with a new 2008 DHX 5.0

Sure I coulda done that but I thought it would have been much easier just to ask you and waite for an hour so I wouldn't have to scroll all the way back up the page.

%$#$*!
    [QUOTE=Scimitar]My small all aluminum Balance frame weighed in at 3500g without the shock. My 2007 DHX 5.0 coil weighed in at 796g. Total weight for the frame and shock is 4296g or about 9.46 pounds. I love mine.

I want your bike! What's the total weight for the whole bike?

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic

I want your bike! What's the total weight for the whole bike?
    It's 34.1lbs

http://www.sicklines.com/tech/proof-...-it-all-bike-6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast