Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new BB7 break in?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  918biker 
#1 ·
Hi guys this is my first post. I just put on new avid BB7's. What can I expect for the break in period. Right now they squeal pretty badly when I break hard. I have not used them a whole lot yet. I was sure not to contaminate the rotor/pads. I am starting to notice a slight improvement in stopping power. Any tips, hints, or advice on what to expect. Thanks

#2 ·
Mine would make a ting noise while not under load, say my front wheel was just rotating. It took about 5 rides for them to be set in.

When you did your brakes how did you install the cable. To put good tension on it from the get go you have to hold the cable down (apply your hand brake several times to have it set) and then tie down the cable screw.

#4 ·
It shouldn't take too long just a few rides for it to stop. The thing that is nice about them is they are pretty much infinitely adjustable. So if it doesn't stop in like 2 weeks, put it on the stand and then adjust the pads accordingly.

#8 ·
Mine worked great right out of the box until I switched rotors... Then they had no power so I rode them and used the brakes hard for about 1 ride and they were back to normal. Make sure you center them right and you will find they are well worth every penny :thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.