Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New AM Weapon

wyrd bi ful rd
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    ... don't think you need the steelset on it though. Kind of overkill unless ...
    true but nicolai actually recommended a headset with an insertion depth of a minimum of 22mm ... i guess it then depends on the individual to decide if they wish to stay with recommended components spec for warranty purposes ...

on the other hand you can take it that nicolai under spec their frames and that this frame is capable of more than what it says it can do ...

Mountain Lion Bait
    Forget the bike, that kitchen is pimp!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    true but nicolai actually recommended a headset with an insertion depth of a minimum of 22mm ......
    The issue is that steelsets are virtually impossible to remove once installed.
    I know from experience- gave up on it myself, and the LBS went through 3 park cup removal tools before giving up.

You better have a damn good warranty on your headset if it can't be removed, and there's any chance the frame will outlast it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    The issue is that steelsets are virtually impossible to remove once installed.
    I know from experience- gave up on it myself, and the LBS went through 3 park cup removal tools before giving up.

You better have a damn good warranty on your headset if it can't be removed, and there's any chance the frame will outlast it.
    I had a similar excruciating experience. I had to remove an e13 reducer headset with deep insertion from a frame. I used a homemade steel removal tool. It was physically exhausting. I literally crushed the steel pipe from hutting it with a 2 pound sledge hundreds of times. Not to mention I had to take a nap and a vicodin after I was done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2