Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Wow, sexy steel
    All the color options look good
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's going on there at the BB? That's the first I've seen of the BB shell sticking that far out from the ISCG mount (sorry, I can't seem to download the photo from the PP website).
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by r1Gel View Post
    Wow, sexy steel
    All the color options look good
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's going on there at the BB. That's the first I've seen of the BB shell sticking that far out from the ISCG mount (sorry, I can't seem to download the photo from the PP website).
    it uses a press fit bb. 92mm wide i believe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Any pics of the XL?

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    it uses a press fit bb. 92mm wide i believe
    Oh I see... Thanks!
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting, definitely looks extreme. The 2Souls QH/Slim Jim 29er frame is the same way too.

The only worrying thing would be not enough seat post inserted into the ST to go past the TT junction. If you're a bigger guy like myself that would be the first point of failure like one of my previous frames.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting, definitely looks extreme. The 2Souls QH/Slim Jim 29er frame is the same way too.

The only worrying thing would be not enough seat post inserted into the ST to go past the TT junction. If you're a bigger guy like myself that would be the first point of failure like one of my previous frames.
    for sure there'd be a lot of stress at that junction besides it looking a bit off visually as well imho.

i do love the looks of the smaller frames and the geometry numbers, but for the price and with it having a press fit bb as well as integral headset, that's too many things i don't want in a frame.

mtbr member
    for sure there'd be a lot of stress at that junction besides it looking a bit off visually as well imho.

i do love the looks of the smaller frames and the geometry numbers, but for the price and with it having a press fit bb as well as integral headset, that's too many things i don't want in a frame.
    Oh that was a pain trying to find a none TBC headset for the Transition as it used 45/45 Campy stule, everything I was finding was 36/45. And I'll take an external threaded BB any day over all the new standards these days.

undercover brother
    Oh that was a pain trying to find a none TBC headset for the Transition as it used 45/45 Campy stule, everything I was finding was 36/45. And I'll take an external threaded BB any day over all the new standards these days.
    Agreed. It is nice to just be able to drop the headset right in on my transAM, without needed to be pressed. I really can't believe they would put a press fit BB on there. I remove and clean/lube my BB atleast once a month. This would be such a PITA.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The word 'refined' comes to mind when looking at this bike. I'm curious about the chainstays & how they're shaped for flex- is that soemthing the rider would ever notice? I have an Evil Sovereign so not in the market for a new hardtail but if I were, I'd consider the P.S. (or a Chromag). Though 150mm is 10mm more than I really need.

I just looked at their website, the Dukes of Hazard paintjob is pretty cool!
    Last edited by bitewerks; 11-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.

banned
    Nov 2012
    Good looking frame.

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Vented headtube kinda gimmicky and lets in water/dirt, no bottle cage mounts = lame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i like this...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    Vented headtube kinda gimmicky and lets in water/dirt, no bottle cage mounts = lame.
    I don't think I'd like the vented ht- really dusty in TX. Water isn't really a problem as I don't ride in rain & rarely wash my bike but lots n' lots of very fine dust.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Aesthetically it's gorgeous looking, but at that price-point...tough sell.

For a good bit less you can get a TransAM (which yes, i know, is heavier on paper at least) or quite a few other similar frames with similar features and weights, and put the extra dough into fork/wheels/etc. Or spend a bit more and get a more refined Chromag or a custom frame with less heft.

All that said, more options are good, and it is a sweet looking frame!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2