Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New AM fork from RST!!

hey check this out. RST is making high-end aftermarket stuff now. The Titan Air is the new AM fork. Its $349.00

I ride this fork on my Diamondback Mission and its amazing! check the site at http://www.rstmtb.com

heres a pic

mtbr member
    so your plan is to spam all the forums with these "high end" rst forks... no thanks, i'll stick with my marz z1 light

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    whats wrong with letting people know whats out there?

just passing the word along, thats all. : )

mtbr member
    its pretty much spam when you're going on every forum and making threads about the product. You don't see people from Marzocchi, Fox or RockShox doing the same... pay for advertising bud

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=5834510

_
    Mar 2004
    RST=Real Sh*tty Technology

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    bah.... youre totally missing it. the reason why the other guys dont do it is because they are already established, RST (as you know) is not.

i mean im on forums all the time, and i like checking out new stuff. ive gotten a lot of constructive criticism on the other forums. Im not asking anybody to buy them (although that would be nice!).

either way again this is not "free advertising" just keep an open mind

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bdee
    RST=Real Sh*tty Technology
    Thanks...

but honestly i used to work at a shop so i know. HAHA anyways the new aftermarket line REALLY wants to stand out from RST's rep. believe me these are totally different from the usual RST stuff( thank god )

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehl
    Thanks...

but honestly i used to work at a shop so i know. HAHA anyways the new aftermarket line REALLY wants to stand out from RST's rep. believe me these are totally different from the usual RST stuff( thank god )
    I'd put that piece of sh!t on my worst enemy's bike if I really wanted to kill him.

Take your crap elsewhere.

bi-winning
    Thanks...

as you can see, if you want to improve RST's reputation, you have a long uphill battle ahead of you.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Interlectchewal
    Thanks...

Yeah, RST is definitely on the right track if it wants to improve its reputation:

Step 1. Fancy new graphics.

Step 2. Hire 21-year-old stoner to spam the message boards.

Step 3. I can't wait to see what step 3 is.
    Last edited by tvrbob86; 06-26-2007 at 06:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey now... thats not very constructive. HA!

bi-winning
    Hey now... thats not very constructive. HA!
    if you speak more intelligently, you will get more respect. that is true - even outside of forums - more often than not
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That fork is only 130 mm travel ?~? Looks like a XC fork ?~?

Is the damper speed-sensitive, or just another orifice ?~?

Former Bike Wrench
    RST had a better chance to break into the higher end market 10 years ago with their Mozo line. They couldn't compete back then with such gems as the Rock Shox Judy and Manitou SX (and was nowhere near the Bomber Z1 and Z2). Something tells me they don't have a snowballs chance in hell against the current forks...

Stick with the $400 hardtail market...its RST's bread and butter

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii
    I'd put that piece of sh!t on my worst enemy's bike if I really wanted to kill him.

Take your crap elsewhere.
    A bag of douche, you are
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    Man, I love to see companies try and take on the bigger establishments, but seriously bro, your crossing the line into spam. major weaksauce.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I seriously dont know why you guys think this is spam. Im not telling any body to buy a fork, or saying "it's the best out there!". I just thought people would like to see something new.

Forums are about open discussion. If you dont like it thats totally fine with me. but man, im not on here to "promote" product. im here because i love bikes, im not here ONLY to talk about forks. trust me, i have been a mountain biker a lot longer than i have worked in the industry.

wuss
    I think it might have something to do with the approach you took. First you where cross posting everywhere saying how great RST's new products where, but you had no mention about being an employee... Actually I think posting in every available forums as is could already be considered quite a bad practise.

People here have a pretty good idea of the technology in current forks, you might have had better success by posting in the relevant forum ("Let's talk about shocks") and telling us what great new innovations your forks include (as in what's inside them).

RST has been making pretty sub par products for a long time. Most people here run forks that cost 2-10 times as much as the whole bikes that sport RST forks. You won't convince anyone to go to a shop and test your new products just by saying you have intentions to "get into the game".

Tell us what's inside them, and why they are so great. Then send some over to large magazines and home they make a review. You won't convince people very easily, so you might be better off accepting that and taking a slow consistent approach and being careful not to deter the already deterred potential customers further.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop
    I think it might have something to do with the approach you took. First you where cross posting everywhere saying how great RST's new products where, but you had no mention about being an employee... Actually I think posting in every available forums as is could already be considered quite a bad practise.

People here have a pretty good idea of the technology in current forks, you might have had better success by posting in the relevant forum ("Let's talk about shocks") and telling us what great new innovations your forks include (as in what's inside them).

RST has been making pretty sub par products for a long time. Most people here run forks that cost 2-10 times as much as the whole bikes that sport RST forks. You won't convince anyone to go to a shop and test your new products just by saying you have intentions to "get into the game".

Tell us what's inside them, and why they are so great. Then send some over to large magazines and home they make a review. You won't convince people very easily, so you might be better off accepting that and taking a slow consistent approach and being careful not to deter the already deterred potential customers further.
    Well like i said, i just thought people might want to hear about new stuff. I posted relevant info in the corresponding forums (DH fork in DH forum ect). Hey its no secret that i work for RST, and i dont know why you think i was sneaky or something. Also, i am not pressuring anybody LIKE any of the forks or even buy them. I mean, this forum is for mountain bikers. Call me crazy but i would like if mountain bikers other than myself would take a look at it.

I am well aware of RST's reputation, they havent made a "high-end" fork for about 15 years. this isnt some marketing sceme to sell forks. im just a guy on a forum!! dont take it so seriously

Trust me there is no deceiving in anything im doing. i didnt think it was necessary to post ALL of the tech info about all the forks. If youre curious you can either research it, or ask about it.

yeah yeah the product reviews are already in the works, but seriously its so much more important (in my opinion) to let everybody know about it first. And yes... RST is trying to "get in the game" you know RST has a bad rep. so getting in the game as a reputable fork company is important, and how do you do that? -make good forks

again folks keep an open mind,

squish is good

No good Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop

Here here! Couldn't have put it better myself. My only experience with RST is the piece of shyte elastomer spring fork I got with my first bike. Yeah, it was cool at the time, then I got into some actual entry level equipment from Manitou and realized what crap I had been riding before. Keep in mind I'm comparing to entry level Manitou (Nixon Elite, were talking about All Mountain here)... Sell us on it, don't just put it out there, why do I want a 130mm fork from an in my experience underacheiving suspension company to replace my 160mm fork for all mountain riding? So far your 0 for who knows how many who have abstained from posting here. I'm not saying that there is no chance for SR Suntour and RST, hey GT recovered, but you guys need to work on your spamming techniques.
    Last edited by Clutchman83; 06-27-2007 at 01:02 AM.

wuss
    Well like i said, i just thought people might want to hear about new stuff. I posted relevant info in the corresponding forums (DH fork in DH forum ect). Hey its no secret that i work for RST, and i dont know why you think i was sneaky or something. Also, i am not pressuring anybody LIKE any of the forks or even buy them. I mean, this forum is for mountain bikers. Call me crazy but i would like if mountain bikers other than myself would take a look at it.
    I'm just saying you need to work on your approach. It's well known that especially in the computer industry manufacturers where even hiring young kids to post "good experiences" about their new products on all computer related forums. This puts a lot of the most valuable "user experience" information in a questionable light. I don't see why it would be any different with bike parts or trolly's.

By saying "Check out the new cool RST forks" the most you will achieve (even in the best case scenario) would be to have people notice what kind of stickers they have. In the worst case you will alienate users even further.

What could make a positive difference as I mentioned would be trying to convince users by telling us what is so great about the new forks? What kind of damping is in them ect.

Also following the forum guideline for manufacturers from the start would help.

squish is good
    Hey Mehl, just a tip, this is how you do it

2008 Marzocchi review

Invite this dude out to ride some of your stuff, this is how you sell forks, I bought a '07 AM 1 after reading this review, also got a sweet deal on one but this is definitely an incentive.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    FORUMS RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT NO SPAM FOR PRODUCTS BY THE MANUFACTURER. READ THE THREAD LINKED BY TKBLAZER.

Now, if you want to promote your products and get some good kharma by finding someone of this board that is well repsected and send them a fork for free with the stipulation that they must post a review of this board. Yes, you will lose a little money, but if someone that is respected on this board posts a favorable review then others will try the product.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    wouldnt "selling you" on the forks be spamming?

wuss
    That might actually give us some useful and objective information...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast