Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have a 2010 comp and can't seem to get the fork to ride plush. I have the right amount of sag. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spadmike
    I have a 2010 comp and can't seem to get the fork to ride plush. I have the right amount of sag. Any ideas?
    What are your settings? Have you backed off the compression damping?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have the Solo Air so all it has for controls are rebound and air pressure

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spadmike
    I have the Solo Air so all it has for controls are rebound and air pressure
    Your best bet is either:
    1. Lowering air pressure...the fork will be better on the small stuff
    2. Getting it serviced to ensure everything is OK-Go in there.
    3. Upgrading your internals ($200ish parts) for the MiCo DH damper/rebound cartridges.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any Stem recommendations? Or simply stick with the tried and true Thomson.

I've been thinking maybe 70-90mm, going with a 80mm?

Infidel
    Check out the Sunline V1 All Mountain Stem. It's available in 50mm, 65mm & 80mm lengths. I personally would prefer the 50mm on a smokin all mountain bike like your Enduro, but the 65mm would work nicely as well. The 80mm would be too long for my liking. Check it out at the link below.
    http://www.bicyclebuys.com/barsstems...30684PART/goog

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey slvrathlon, how are you liking the Roval wheels? I have a '10 enduro comp too and was thinking about upgrading the wheels. So far I'm looking at those Rovals or the Mavic Crosslines... any input?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrathlon
    Any Stem recommendations? Or simply stick with the tried and true Thomson.

I've been thinking maybe 70-90mm, going with a 80mm?
    just saw this thread. got my buddy on essentially the same bike as yours recently. couple of comments:

a. lyric R -- it has no damper up top, just a red topcap. since lots of people (like me) are upgrading their regular mission control dampers to the new DH dampers, you can sometimes buy a mission control for 50 bucks in good condition. my friend hasn't yet upgraded the rebound damper, and already notices a big improvement after putting in the mission control. or just buy a new DH damper thru your LBS.

b. stem and bars -- 660 is too narrow, period. consider 710 the minimum for a bike like this, unless you're a midget. stem: 60 or mebbe 70 mm thomson is a good choice. sunlines are ok. cromag stems are a nice alternative.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

eBiker
    Like comments above, short stem + wide bars + slack head angle = bliss.

You are also onto the secret climbing sauce with the Enduro, the non-layed back seatpost. No need for adjustable travel fork with one of those.

I would like to hear your riding impressions of the Pushed shock vs. the original shock.

Love the red wheels.

If the Lyric R is harsh at proper sag (measured by ruler not by the RS recommended PSI right?) then you need to add grease to the seals & replenish the bath oil. Mine needed it.

I run a 50mm stem and wide bars, with a straight seatpost and can climb steeps really well.

P

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse
    Hey slvrathlon, how are you liking the Roval wheels? I have a '10 enduro comp too and was thinking about upgrading the wheels. So far I'm looking at those Rovals or the Mavic Crosslines... any input?
    I really like em. Actually... love em. Weight is great, light as all get out and STRONG. I would personally go the route of the Rovals purely based on the warranty.

While I've rode many a Mavic and really like their choices, when I taco'd a SLR two yrs ago that was it. Out of $$ and had to re-purchase a new one.

Specialized has a killer warranty that pretty much cannot be beat. I'd look into the Roval.s

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    Like comments above, short stem + wide bars + slack head angle = bliss.

You are also onto the secret climbing sauce with the Enduro, the non-layed back seatpost. No need for adjustable travel fork with one of those.
    Yes. Love it... I actually just swapped out the Thomson for the Command post, like it even better. :-)

I would like to hear your riding impressions of the Pushed shock vs. the original shock.
    Absolutely F'ing love it! I only a about 7-9 rides on it prior to being pushed, but just had a wicked long ride in the VA / NC mtns this past weekend and it was perfect, perfect. Super snappy... very, very responsive... and just all around nice.

Love the red wheels.
    Thanks

If the Lyric R is harsh at proper sag (measured by ruler not by the RS recommended PSI right?) then you need to add grease to the seals & replenish the bath oil. Mine needed it.
    So far so good... mine seems to be working just fine, thanks for the heads up!

I run a 50mm stem and wide bars, with a straight seatpost and can climb steeps really well.
    yes sir. I'm for sure getting a smaller stem... no question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

All clean

A few more pics, added the command post.
    Went riding yesterday to a local spot called, Legend. Basically for us locals in Raleigh it's about the best it is for AM / light Free ride type riding... quite a few LARGE hucks / gaps, etc... pretty cool stuff.
    My first ride out there on the new Enduro was a BLAST! Damn bike can handle some nice hits...
    Was very damp and had grass all over the bike / mud all over.

Cleaned up.
    First pic is old, no command post.
    The rest are from yesterday... I snapped a pic of the 'pushed' shock, simply showing the rebadged 'pushed' and at the end... my riding buddy, Lou Dog.
    Pics are taking with a camera phone... some a bit blurry.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    I've only been for one 2 hour ride on my Enduro Comp and think it is fantastic. I'm amazed how well it can climb, handle single track and switchbacks, and those fast descents. Can't wait to get out on her again

As you have done, just need to add a command post or similar

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Looks sweet, do you have your shock pressures really high or do you adjust your zip ties each run? BTW, thanks to your recommendation I'm probably going with the Rovals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse
    Looks sweet, do you have your shock pressures really high or do you adjust your zip ties each run? BTW, thanks to your recommendation I'm probably going with the Rovals.
    No problem on the Rovals... hope you like them.

As for the zip tie, I just finished washing it... didn't bother moving them... next time I ride they'll move on their own anyway. ;-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Added a longer bar, tossed on a 70mm stem, and upgraded to the Roval EL's w/ the hub engagement kit.

mtbr member
    That dog kicks ass!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie
    That dog kicks ass!
    + 1

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yeah man, he's a badass dog named: Lou. He's been running trails with me for almost 4yrs now... really cool dog.
    Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmMknAdls0I --- first time with the GoPro, I know it needs adjustment. Simply showing Lou running with us.

Cheers

usually cranky
    your dog is nuts. love the chest mount.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Exceedingly nice bike/build!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    To the OP, did u hit that huck at Legend? Would b curious to find out how that bike handles it. I don't hit that huck but would love to hear from those who do and how their bike reacted. Also, how did the bike do @ Pisgah (fast downhills/long climbs) thanks from a fellow NC rider! Sweet bike btw

mtbr member
    Really enjoyed your video mate, great PQ from that HD camera, nice floating trail, but your dog it`s too much, great "riding buddy" you got there !

mtbr member
    here`s my 2011 comp,from wales uk,i managed to get a frame only and use all my bits off my 06 sx trail,only done 2 rides on it so far so just getting used to it,so far i`m very impressed,climbs better than my old sx,converting to clipless aswell so finding thar hard after 20 years on flats.may change the rear tyre for something faster rolling,also waiting for my ksi adjustable seatpost to show up,hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New AM Build - Enduro goodness-enduro-2011-pic1.jpg  

New AM Build - Enduro goodness-enduro-2011-pic3.jpg  

New AM Build - Enduro goodness-endruro-pic2.jpg  

New AM Build - Enduro goodness-enduro-2011-pic4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kneetowaist
    To the OP, did u hit that huck at Legend? Would b curious to find out how that bike handles it. I don't hit that huck but would love to hear from those who do and how their bike reacted. Also, how did the bike do @ Pisgah (fast downhills/long climbs) thanks from a fellow NC rider! Sweet bike btw
    Yes sir. Just rode Legend last Saturday... bike absolutely kills it. Pisgah is always a blast...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast